PDA

View Full Version : Blocked ear

blox123
10-05-19, 09:09
IÂ’ve noticed lately that my ear feels blocked and I have to ask people to repeat themselves so I started doing bicarb drops from
The chemist thinking it was impacted wax, but nothing has come out after a week of on and off using them. I also have a shoulder injury and neck strain on that Side and stupidly googled and now paranoid I have a tumour or canceR. I called the gp and they said IÂ’d be put on triage, but IÂ’ve just received a text message saying it sounds like ear wax and to use the drops for longer?! They no longer have funds to provide syringing etc. IÂ’m relieved they think itÂ’s nothing untoward but donÂ’t feel very reassured because they havenÂ’t actually looked and confirmed that thatÂ’s what it is !

Carys
10-05-19, 10:38
Is it crackling and popping ? If it is - I get this often, and many others do too, the eustachian tube can get liquid in it and get blocked up, often not helped by tense jaw muscles !. Try yawning, climbing or driving up a high hill ?

SarahNah
11-05-19, 22:49
I had a issue like this before- in Boots you can buy like a at home ear syringing thing. (It's like like a water thing- I can't describe it very well!). But it worked a wonder for me! I get lots of ear-wax build up and I fly alot so it's important for me to keep them clear! That may be wroth a try? I hope you feel better soon !

nomorepanic
11-05-19, 23:35
You should put olive oil in it and see how it goes. Who said use bicarb?