PDA

View Full Version : 36 yo female chances? ALS thought today, first time.

LilyLabVA
10-05-19, 17:35
What is the incidence of ALS in a 36 yo female with no family history?

Trying NOT to go there, but today I felt a twing in my hip and felt like my legs was gonna give out. Kinda like a week in the knees feeling. Then I tried to balance on my left foot compared to my right and was WAY more stable on my right. I've had hip and groin pain for a few months. Occurred to me today that maybe this is all ALS...

Fishmanpa
10-05-19, 17:41
READ THIS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?196071-ALS-and-why-you-DON-T-have-it!) and please don't take a step near that rabbit hole! :lac:

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
10-05-19, 17:46
Just NO. Step away from the dragon, ma'am.

LilyLabVA
10-05-19, 17:52
I know its a horrible thing only b/c I have seen it on this board any another board a million times. I do not want to go there, but finding myself thinking "what if" should I check my symptoms? Fighting this currenly. Will not google. Will not google.
But seriously, pleassssse help me out with the chances and if my symptoms even match? :blush:

nomorepanic
10-05-19, 17:54
Did you read the link FMP sent you?

LilyLabVA
10-05-19, 18:05
Yes.

nomorepanic
10-05-19, 18:14
So does that answer your question?

LilyLabVA
10-05-19, 18:25
Sorta, not really. I guess I just causes me to look at more symptoms and wonder vs. knowing only MY own symptoms and why they dont fit. Not sure if that makes sense.

Fishmanpa
10-05-19, 18:45
ALS is about failing, not feeling. You're talking about feelings and sensations. You said:

"...today I felt a twing in my hip and felt like my legs was gonna give out....a week in the knees feeling.... I've had hip and groin pain for a few months... "

That doesn't happen with ALS (Period). I urge you to step back from the edge with this one.

Positive thoughts

LouiseAndy
10-05-19, 21:28
As someone that's had ALS up close, I really don't think you have anything to worry about! I know it can be hard to get our self's out of the anxiety loop!