PDA

View Full Version : I was doing so good :( Then something happened again...

NervousSubject
11-05-19, 02:08
I thought I was finally getting over this round of rabies hypochondria, then I read an article about a lady from Norway who died from rabies after being scratched by a rabid dog in the Philippines...At first I didn't get too worried, but then I realized something....Last week, I was on vacation in San Diego, California, which is right near the U.S/Mexico border. While the weather was temperate (not hot) and the friends I was living with for a week said they've never seen a bat in the years they've lived in San Diego, knowing that San Diego is near the Mexican border means i'm worried about the possibility of vampire bats, the kind of bats that do bite mammals, infiltrating the U.S and residing in San Diego. And that I got scratched or bitten by one and didn't know it....please help me.

AMomentofClarity
11-05-19, 02:28
In summary, you’re worried about rabies because you were in San Diego. Google the population of San Diego and how many rabies cases they’ve had the last 30 years. That’s your answer

Fishmanpa
11-05-19, 02:37
I read that story and left a comment that said: "This is going to trigger health anxiety rabies phobics everywhere!" I knew I'd see a thread here :whistles:

Positive thoughts

SnowyGreen
11-05-19, 08:37
'

textsfromthemoon
12-05-19, 08:03
It sounds like your anxiety is just looking for reasons to keep you anxious, recognize the pattern and don't let yourself get sucked back into it, easier said than done I know, try to stay away from articles relating to rabies, I generally just do not read anything relating to it at all anymore aside from offering support here on the forums and it has really helped me not be as anxious about it.

NervousSubject
12-05-19, 21:00
I have a sore throat now....I think this is it....

Fishmanpa
12-05-19, 21:43
I have a sore throat now....I think this is it....

'Death by invisible bat'. What a way to go. :wacko: Seriously... C'mon now! I suggest you download the FREE CBT course (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?211324-9-FREE-CBT-ebooks-for-Health-Anxiety) and work on it before you post again.

Positive thoughts

NervousinSLC
02-06-19, 19:12
I am also very crippled and afraid of rabies....but in this case there is no exposure to you = no risk