PDA

View Full Version : Moving lines in eye when one eye shut

maria26
11-05-19, 15:03
I know I sound mad but I am so so scared, yesterday I was facing a bright window looked down at tv screen and must have shut one eye. I saw all these horizontal lines moving about mainly down. They were not static. Of course, today I have kept doing it. It is the same both eyes. If i look at the window and then at something dark if I close one eye I get the lines. Sometimes they look like floaters but it is so odd and scary. Of course I am thinking brain tumour. I know someone will say dont do it but with health anxiety it is so hard. The lines are not solid dark but more transparent. If I dont shut my ear I dont see them. They move quickly. Please dont laugh at me

BlueIris
11-05-19, 15:06
Just afterimages, don't freak.

Maddox
12-05-19, 23:37
I know I sound mad but I am so so scared, yesterday I was facing a bright window looked down at tv screen and must have shut one eye. I saw all these horizontal lines moving about mainly down. They were not static. Of course, today I have kept doing it. It is the same both eyes. If i look at the window and then at something dark if I close one eye I get the lines. Sometimes they look like floaters but it is so odd and scary. Of course I am thinking brain tumour. I know someone will say dont do it but with health anxiety it is so hard. The lines are not solid dark but more transparent. If I dont shut my ear I dont see them. They move quickly. Please dont laugh at me

Hey, I get this all the time! It used to really freak me out and I got to the point where I was monitoring it all the time. However the more you focus on it the more you see it. I think they are perfectly normal, you just notice them more when anxious. Try not to worry 😊