PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't sleep for NO reason?

Gryphoenix
12-09-07, 18:24
Hi everybody,

I had a bad bout of insomnia last night and there didn't seem to be an actual reason for my mind keeping me up but it DID anyway.

I wasn't worrying about anything in particular but I had been working on this piece of art on the computer a couple hours and then went to bed. Then for a few hours in bed all I could think about was that. It wasn't really concious thinking either, but as I hadn't fallen asleep it wasn't really subconcious. I was coloring Batman as Green Lantern and I kept seeing GREEN and vaguely thinking about it. Then when I snapped out of it and 'woke' up even though I hadn't actually slept my heart was beating all fast like I was thinking of something exciting.

Then I couldn't relax, then I just couldn't sleep even though I was soooo so tired anyway. Eventually I got to sleep the usual time I do every single time I have insomnia (which is once every couple of weeks sometimes, it's not too often but often enough to be annoying). I think I got around 4 to 5 hours, maybe.

So yeah, I'm tired at the moment, and I can't stand this feeling of exhaustion that one gets after a bout like this. Especially at nighttime when it gets worse and I get reeeeally tired, I can't stand that sort of weak, exhausty feeling at my core. Ugh. I just felt like having a bit of a moan, sorry for whining.

Breatheon
12-09-07, 19:29
Hiya

That's interesting to hear because I also had a really bad bout of insomnia last night as well, although I am jealous that you ended up getting 4 / 5 hours sleep because I just about for 2 hours!

Just before I went to bed proper I had been dozing on top of the bed when a noise from outside woke me up with a start and I think that just put me on edge for the rest of the evening. I hope I am just about coming out of red alert now!

I hate the feeling of exhaustion etc as well and there is always a doubt in the back of my mind that I could really do with some proper sleep but when I try I will get the insomnia again! I like to be positive like that!

Anyway hope it improves for you... and for all of us and keep well.