PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

shotta287
13-05-19, 07:52
I’ve had a difficult few weeks, mainly due to confusion regarding my ex partner and stomach issues.

This has led to some insomnia which I now can’t stop worrying about. For the past week or so I’ve been waking up multiple times during the night struggling to fall back asleep.
As a result, I’ve been only getting around 4-5 hours sleep per night in total.

Cue the panic, been thinking how this isn’t going to get better, that I’m going to lose my hair, become ill etc etc

I would really appreciate some advice and tips on how to get over this. Thank you as always to everyone on here.

whispershadow
13-05-19, 08:30
I'm not sure how insomnia and stomach issues can cause you to lose all your hair :hugs:

Carnation
13-05-19, 11:12
Agree, but stress can. :hugs:

shotta287
14-05-19, 07:18
Felt better throughout the day yesterday and was ready for a good night’s sleep.

Fell asleep around 11pm only to wake up at 1:45am! Wide awake until almost 5am! Mind full of thoughts about how this is going to happen every night and how only sleeping pills will help me and I’ll have to take them forever.

So concerned now, just the other week I was sleeping absolutely fine. Other stress started my insomnia and now it’s continuing because I’ve become so worried about it.

shotta287
15-05-19, 21:04
Last night was the worst so far, don’t think I slept at all.

To make things even more worse, bogged down with a cold or flu.

I managed to go to my doctor who refused to give sleeping pills and referred me for some CBT for my constant worrying.

Alde
16-05-19, 22:16
Hi Shotta,

I went through similar when my most recent bout of anxiety started.

I could barely get to sleep and when I did I’d wake up after 1-2 hours.

Like you, I was worrying about not getting enough sleep and the consequences of it which obviously just made it even harder to get any sleep!

My GP did prescribe sleeping tabs but I never took them because I was too scared to.

What I did end up taking, after being prescribed by my GP, was a small dose of diazepam before bedtime. This really helped me sleep! I took it for 2 nights and it sorted my sleeping out a lot and I didn’t need to take any more.

I’m sure yours will sort itself out in time but I just wanted to share my experience as I know I felt like it would never end when I was going through similar.

Hope you’re doing better soon!

Al

shotta287
17-05-19, 13:14
Thanks! I managed a better sleep last night. I actually was given sleeping pills after complaining again to my doctor but strangely decided not to use them.

Insomnia, it’s all in the mind!

SarahNah
18-05-19, 00:57
I've suffered with Insomnia for years! On/off. It's a horrid thing! Just to add, stress can make you loss your hair- but when I was going through periods of insomnia in the past, I used to twist/ constantly touch my hair! I'm very sure I lost...more then just some strands with these movements! It wasn't a thing I was aware of!

I hope you feel better and you get a good night sleep x