PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes

Bakebeansrule
13-05-19, 12:26
I had a blood test last week and it’s come back that my sugar levels are high. I’ve spoken to my dr today who says I have type 2 diabetes. I am petrified. I have to go and see her later today to discuss what to do next. I’m in my early 30s and overweight I’ve read it can cut my life short by 10 years as you can imagine I’ve got myself into a huge panic. I’m at work so trying not to show how upset I am but I’m really struggling

nomorepanic
13-05-19, 12:28
Type 2 can be reversed by losing weight and watching your sugar intake.

The doctor should refer you to a diabetes clinic who will help you with this.

It isn't a death sentence and you can get things back on track.

Fishmanpa
13-05-19, 12:32
I know several people that have it. I can understand your concern but its a totally treatable condition. Diet, exercise and medication can control it.

Positive thoughts

Shadowhawk
13-05-19, 13:02
AS noted, diet and weight management can be a huge help; specifically, i would recommend keto, as i can note a large swath of people who completely control their blood sugar (as in, were insulin dependent, to not needing any) by diet alone. I personally took my pre-T2 completely back to normal levels (fasting BS of 120 back down to 80s) and have lost 108lb. At this point, sugar is your enemy, but you dont have to let it win either.

Bakebeansrule
13-05-19, 20:01
Thank you for your kind replies. I’ve been to see my dr and she’s suggested I start taking metformin to help with my sugar levels until I can 100% get my diet under control. She’s also referring me to a diabetes course so I can learn more about what I can do to help myself.

I’m still devastated by this and I’m terrified it’s gonna be awful for my health anxiety but I have to suck it up and get on with it and hope I have the will power to do what needs to be done

Fishmanpa
13-05-19, 20:39
Thank you for your kind replies. I’ve been to see my dr and she’s suggested I start taking metformin to help with my sugar levels until I can 100% get my diet under control. She’s also referring me to a diabetes course so I can learn more about what I can do to help myself.

I’m still devastated by this and I’m terrified it’s gonna be awful for my health anxiety but I have to suck it up and get on with it and hope I have the will power to do what needs to be done

When faced with a real health issue, what other choice do we have but to deal with it? From my personal experience with serious life threatening health issues, you do just that. I know of three members that have had serious health issues. In all cases, their anxiety took a back seat and has remained there since. I have the feeling, as inconvenient as it is to deal with, it will prove to be beneficial in dealing with the dragon.

Positive thoughts