PDA

View Full Version : Got sick and a really painful lymph node popped up under my arm, worried.

scaredpt
13-05-19, 12:55
Obviously when I think of lymph nodes I worry about cancer. I’ve been doing well for years not checking but I’m sick with a bad cold and yesterday while putting deodorant on I actually yelled out loud in pain from touching this bump under my arm. Could lymph nodes be that painful? And cancerous lymph nodes wouldn’t be painful and turn up right during a cold, right? Trying to not go down the rabbit hole here guys.

BlueIris
13-05-19, 12:56
You have an infection, that's why your lymph node is swollen and painful.

KK77
13-05-19, 13:08
If it's in armpit area, it could be blocked hair follicle or ingrowing hair, which can be painful to touch.

The problem here is that every time you think of lymph nodes, your mind jumps to 'tumours', and this is what you need to work on: breaking the association between them. Otherwise this will happen over and over again every time you feel a lump or bump somewhere.

scaredpt
13-05-19, 13:16
I can’t find and infected follicle or anything there so I’m pretty sure it’s the lymph node!

Fishmanpa
13-05-19, 13:29
Pain is actually a good thing when it comes to nodes. You have a cold and they're doing their job. Just don't be poking and prodding and give a it a couple of weeks to return to normal.

Positive thoughts

scaredpt
13-05-19, 14:27
Could it be cancer? It’s just one under my arm and so painful

BlueIris
13-05-19, 14:39
Could it be cancer?

Did you read the replies above?

Midnight-mouse
13-05-19, 15:06
Could it be cancer? It’s just one under my arm and so painful

It’s just your body doing as it should, lymph nodes swell when we are ill. It’s just showing that your body is fighting off the cold.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carys
13-05-19, 16:18
Read the replies scaredpt. Lymph nodes are MEANT to do what yours is doing.