PDA

View Full Version : Blood work came back normal...but worried more

wingo22
16-05-19, 15:34
So I’ve been having this muscle issue in my right arm for well over 6 months now. It feels generally tired and sore/achy when I use it. Sometimes the pain is in my upper arm, then it move to he forearm and elbow. I went to my pcp. All my strength is there, so he sent me for a blood test. It was a general physical, B12, Ferratin and everything came back normal. 

I fear MS, it any biggest fear right now. Now I’ve been feeling this soreness in my right leg as well. Usually it’s the front part of my thigh, but sometimes I feel it behind the knees and calf too.

I know that the blood work coming back normal is a good thing, but how can I get over this fear of MS? I feel like since he blood work came back normal there is a greater chance of it being that??

I’m in such a rut now

Fishmanpa
16-05-19, 15:47
how can I get over this fear of MS?

I suggest real life professional help. Its the most prudent way to get out of that rut.

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
16-05-19, 16:05
Seconding this. Tackle the anxiety, not the mythical physical issues.

Ben1989
16-05-19, 17:24
I've been there, done that, got a million t-shirts!

My right arm too. Was sure I had MS. It tired extremely easily compared to my left. For instance, drying my hair with a towel (the classic guy way of just going crazy with a towel on your head) my right arm would stop, tired. This was from over two years ago

I just had a general weird feeling in it. It just FELT, weak. I ended up having an EMG and two NCS. Had all bloods etc, too. All came back normal. Doubted it all.

I then slowly accepted it as anxiety. Before I knew it, the feeling of weakness and tiredness had gone.

I still get it in fact! Two weeks ago I had patches on my right arm which were incredibly annoying. Patches of feeling like I had velcro rubbing constantly on it. Additionally random 'pulses' of pain. I just thought, bloody anxiety, and now the feelings have gone.

You don't have MS :)

wingo22
16-05-19, 18:19
Thanks Ben!
How did you eventually just accept that it was anxiety? Did you have any other areas of your body that felt that way?

OliviaD
17-05-19, 09:51
I've recently had issues with my right side too, for 4-5 months. I wondered, could it be just bad posture (a problem of mine)? Well, I switched from shoulder to messenger bags, bought a new mattress, improved my sleep (I noticed sometimes I extended my right arm while sleeping) and my general posture... practically gone! :)

wingo22
22-05-19, 18:08
Thanks everyone!
Has anyone else gone through something like this??

wingo22
22-05-19, 18:26
Thanks everyone!
Has anyone else gone through something like this??

Or how can I accept it’s just anxiety causing this as that is what I have heard
M

Fishmanpa
22-05-19, 18:33
You could have pages of reassurance but unless you learn to accept its anxiety and treat it, its an exercise in futility. Based on your post history, I reiterate that real life professional help would be the most prudent way forward at this point.

Positive thoughts