PDA

View Full Version : urine retention

48tce
16-05-19, 16:31
i posted this but i guess i accidentally deleted it... oops.

anyway, i'm really scared that i developed some sort of urinary retention or hesitancy issue over the past few days. i read something about a shy bladder not too long ago and i guess i kept thinking about it because now i'm actually having a hard time. i've never had issues like this before and i'm concerned i won't be able to go at all eventually... then i'll end up in the ER. is that possible? if i stop thinking about this will i go back to normal? has anyone dealt with something similar?

Scass
16-05-19, 19:56
So many things are possible with anxiety.
You don’t say if you’re male or female (or if you did I missed it), but there are ways to ensure you empty your bladder, perhaps start doing that instead of the other way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48tce
16-05-19, 21:06
So many things are possible with anxiety.
You don’t say if you’re male or female (or if you did I missed it), but there are ways to ensure you empty your bladder, perhaps start doing that instead of the other way?

i'm female. i think it definitely is anxiety since it started suddenly after i read an article or whatever. i'm just hoping it'll pass when i relax eventually?

jray23
17-05-19, 01:13
As a male, and I know others will agree, there are times when another guy stands next to us at the line of urinals and suddenly we "can't" go. So that's proof right there that our nerves can control the times we go!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk