PDA

View Full Version : Breathing issues :(

QuantumJonny
16-05-19, 17:27
Hi all,
Had a whole month off HA
issues but the last couple of weeks I have had another, new issue. So a few weeks ago a colleague of mine had developed asthma (only minor) didn’t think much too it, then a few weeks later I just started focusing on my breathing, feeling like I’m not getting enough oxygen into my lungs, after that I’d have periods (especially in the car and focusing on the breathing) that I just couldn’t stop yawning like some kind of habit. Now I have convinced myself I’ve got a very serious issue. It hasn’t got any worse in the past few weeks, still able to run/exercise as normal. A couple of times (normally at work and just as I wake up) I catch myself out and am able to take a couple of ‘normal’ breaths, before feeling this oxygen restricting breath. Surely this is anxiety, as I have no other symptoms, still able to exercise and the coincidence with my colleague?

I have a routine meeting with my GP with my HA on Tuesday so I will mention then.

On a positive I haven’t googled this at all which is a first for me!

Many thanks, Jonny

Fishmanpa
16-05-19, 17:39
READ THIS. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#BreathingShortness_of_breath)

Positive thoughts

Scass
16-05-19, 19:54
Yes it does sound like anxiety, it’s very common. There are particular symptoms of asthma that I have and you don’t seem to. So don’t worry, you’re fine - “just” anxious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kivyt73
17-05-19, 01:29
I have this too, and a lot in the car like you mentioned. I have it basically whenever I feel trapped (getting a hair cut, nail salon, movie, church, or long meeting at work) It is anxiety for me for sure because when I am busy thinking of other things I forget about it for hours. I do hate it though and I know hating it makes it worse. I am trying to just let it be and go ahead and do normal things but it does limit me some as I am afraid I am going to be uncomfortable so I avoid certain situations. It also gets me depressed for the same reasons because I don't want to avoid things. I have had health anxiety for years and I have probably said this about every symptom at one point but I think this is one of the hardest symptoms to deal with. Hang in there, it helps to know we are not the only ones.

Ivy

ka123
17-05-19, 13:42
Have you noticed that this also causes tightness in your chest? I also get that.