PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic beats or heartblock?? Freaking out!

Kitkat1510
18-05-19, 19:18
So, I've had an ectopic heartbeat since I was a teenager. It's never really bothered me. I tend to notice it more when I'm ill but it doesn't interfere with my life. Over the last few weeks it seems to have got a lot worse/I'm noticing it a lot more. I've recently started taking amitriptyline for anxiety as the drug I was taking became unavailable and I read that it can cause heart rhythm problems so I'm currently tapering off it. I've been googling LOADS and read about heartblock. I'm now scared that this is what I've got, not a regular ectopic beat. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with heartblock and what the difference is between an ectopic beat and heartblock?
I've got a drs appointment Monday morning but I'm driving myself mad with worry just constantly checking my pulse etc. Any help would be appreciated

Fishmanpa
18-05-19, 19:30
Sorry you're worrying. You're probably noting things more due to coming off the med but I personally think you're good. Its the old familiar self-inflicted Dr Google trap and spiral (I've been googling LOADS and read about heartblock.) You don't mention any other symptoms that correlate with it anyway so :shrug:

Positive thoughts