PDA

View Full Version : Mark on foot, doctor says it's a bruise - can they last weeks?

itiswhatitis
20-05-19, 15:07
I first noticed this (https://i.redd.it/6x6j6jjd3hx21.jpg) mark (under the dry skin) on my foot about 3.5 weeks ago. I noticed it after wearing some new shoes that were heeled a few days before. I figured it could be from that. As a few weeks passed though I became anxious since it didn't go away. I wondered if it was a blood blister but when I was reading about blood blisters, stuff about skin cancer came up which made me more nervous. I went to the doctor last week, he measured it and said it just looked like a bruise to him but I can go back if it changes or doesn't go away.

I know he's a doctor and stuff but you know how anxiety can be.. Since I've had it for weeks now, almost a month since I wore the shoes I suspected, I'm worried. I've never known other types of bruises on my legs etc to last this long especially without at least fading to a brown colour or something.
I felt the inside of the shoes I suspected caused it and there is some kind of bump on the heel of the right one (the side I have the mark) so that makes sense, but still.. could shoes cause a bruise or mark that lasts almost a month after wearing them?

Fishmanpa
20-05-19, 15:28
Mark on foot, doctor says it's a bruise - can they last weeks?

100% without a doubt YES!

positive thoughts

itiswhatitis
20-05-19, 15:41
Mark on foot, doctor says it's a bruise - can they last weeks?

100% without a doubt YES!

positive thoughts

Thanks, fish. Unfortunately I was so anxious I decided to lance it. I know it was a bit dumb, but.. Some of the dark "gunk" came out but not all. So I think it's probably a blood blister, which is ok. I just hope I can take care of it now. I might just go back to the doctor tomorrow.

Fishmanpa
20-05-19, 16:01
Thanks, fish. Unfortunately I was so anxious I decided to lance it. I know it was a bit dumb, but.. Some of the dark "gunk" came out but not all. So I think it's probably a blood blister, which is ok. I just hope I can take care of it now. I might just go back to the doctor tomorrow.

Nah... put some antibiotic gel on it and a plaster/bandaid. Its going to take a bit because you're constantly irritating it by walking. Just keep it clean.

Positive thoughts

itiswhatitis
20-05-19, 16:24
Nah... put some antibiotic gel on it and a plaster/bandaid. Its going to take a bit because you're constantly irritating it by walking. Just keep it clean.

Positive thoughts

Thank you, that's really helpful :) I appreciate your help