PDA

View Full Version : I can’t pee and I want to cry

maz063
20-05-19, 17:15
Hi I’ve been going through a terrible time. I had a UTI over a month ago which only lower abdominal pain as my symptom, culture showed bacteria, I was on Keflex. I was still having symptoms so I went on macrobid, things subsided then came back. I have microscopic blood in my urine and I had strep bacteria in it 2 weeks ago but my most recent culture shows nothing. My white blood cells are elevated so my doc put me on Amoxicillin. Lower abdominal pain is subsiding but now IT STINGS TO PEE AND I CANT REALLY PEE like I have to push and push for a little to come out.

My doctor referred me for a rental ultrasound which I’m going to on Wednesday. She thinks it’s an infection OR stones. And of course in typical HA fashion I’m trembling thinking I’m the rare 22 year old with bladder cancer....

I’m just really scared and tired and want to cry because I just can’t pee normally. It’s like I’m blocked....which if it’s a stone that makes sense. Ugh idk I’m so stressed and I don’t want lose money at work having to deal with all this. It’s all my mind can think of and it’s slowing me down. I hate this. I was doing so much better with my HA but then I got off my meds :(. I am in therapy now so we’ll see how that goes. I’m just spiraling thinking I’m going to die of bladder cancer in a few years. I know it’s talked about a lot on here so I don’t want to seem cliche but yeah...not having a fun time. Could really use some encouragement. Also if anyone had any experiences with bladder stones, please tell me!

maz063
20-05-19, 17:31
Update

I peed a bit more normally just now. Maybe I’m tightening the muscles? I don’t know. I guess I’ll see the the ultrasound finds any stones. I’ve had hard time throughout my life with drinking enough water. Wasn’t until colleg that I really started to hydrate more

nomorepanic
20-05-19, 17:55
You need to be drinking around 3 litres of water a day at the moment to try and flush things through.

maz063
20-05-19, 20:07
That’s what I’m doing. Just drinking a lot of water. I’m just going to be a nervous wreck until my ultrasounds.

maz063
20-05-19, 22:55
It’s getting super hard to focus on things because I keep worrying about my bladder. I’m going to be a wreck until Wednesday when I get my ultrasound. I keep calling looking for a new psychiatrist( my current one really isn’t helpful) but it’s so hard to get an appointment soon!

nomorepanic
20-05-19, 23:05
You could have cystitis

maz063
21-05-19, 02:55
I’m on my third antibiotic now for it. Symptoms keep coming and going. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if anxiety was also playing a role

maz063
21-05-19, 17:50
The fears over bladder cancer are coming back...one more day until my renal ultrasound. My mom is pretty convinced it’s a bladder stone but I’m still dreaming out that it’s cancer

Lana
21-05-19, 20:22
If it Interstitial Cystitis, the bacteria is NOT present, there is nothing wrong, but the pressure and pain are there. I have a very good friend who was diagnosed with it last year. Most doctors say that is functional, like IBS, and that many people who have IBS, also develop IC. Also, easy on the antibiotics, if there is no infection - they are very dangerous to your gut and immune system.

Fishmanpa
21-05-19, 20:34
I know the feeling. At least you're not a male over 50 with prostate issues ;)

Positive thoughts

maz063
21-05-19, 22:40
I did have bacteria present in my test two weeks ago, I had no bacteria present in my test one week ago BUT my urine showed trace bloo and my WBC on my blood test was elevated. So the dr definitely thinks there’s some infection since my immune system seems to be reacting. However idk why the symptoms keep coming and going coming and going. Also telling me how harmful antibiotics are is really not helpful when I’m really anxious right now. I know they hit the gut hard. That’s why I’m on probiotics and I’m trying to eat lots of yogurt.