PDA

View Full Version : Keep going dizzy!

littlemissworry.x
20-05-19, 19:20
I keep getting dizzy spells and its scaring me so much! Feels like I'm going to collapse! Comes on all of a sudden and I get so anxious after. I'm so worried

ankietyjoe
20-05-19, 19:21
Does it get worse if you look up or down?

littlemissworry.x
20-05-19, 19:26
Yes it does

ankietyjoe
20-05-19, 19:28
Muscle tension.

Look down until you feel dizzy then keep it there as long as you can. Same for looking up. It'll pass.

littlemissworry.x
20-05-19, 19:29
Why does it keep happening? It's so scary

ankietyjoe
20-05-19, 19:34
Because you're tense... muscle tension.

It's not dangerous, just uncomfortable. The more you worry about it, the tenser you'll be. Looking up and down and making the dizziness happen relieves it the more you do it. I've had it dozens of times.

littlemissworry.x
20-05-19, 19:59
I'm thinking something sinister is happening, I have a young baby and I'm petrified of fainting

ankietyjoe
20-05-19, 20:08
Stop focusing on it. It's just going to make it worse.

BlueIris
20-05-19, 20:12
You're dizzy, it's not the end of the world.

This time last year I was coping with regular migraine auras that would leave me half blind for half an hour while working frontline customer service. They sucked, they terrified me, but I got through.

You can, too.

littlemissworry.x
20-05-19, 20:20
Thank you, it's just a horrible symptom! Hopefully it will pass and its nothing dangerous

littlemissworry.x
20-05-19, 21:19
I keep getting a weird feeling in my head and it makes me feel dizzy! Off balance like I'm going to collapse? I'm worried I'm gonna collapse and something really bad is going to happen to me! I'm thinking there is something sinister happening! Soo frightened and scared!!!

ErinKC
20-05-19, 21:51
It will pass. If you have a young baby it's even more likely to be muscle related. Your body went through a lot giving birth, it changes a ton and now you're likely always in positions you never used to be - holding a baby, looking down while feeding, lifting and lowering the baby, maybe sitting on the floor more, sleeping poorly, etc... Try to be conscious of how your taking care of your own body, laying, etc... and try heat or ice on the back of your neck to relieve some tension.

ErinKC
20-05-19, 21:53
And make sure you're eating enough and drinking enough water, especially if you're breastfeeding. That can really, really deplete you if you're not taking care of yourself. Hang in there!

littlemissworry.x
21-05-19, 07:49
I'm not breastfeeding, my baby is 1 so I get sleep, this has started a few days ago, makes me feel off balance

spacreranger
21-05-19, 09:45
Does it get better if you lie down or close your eyes? Ive experienced this and it helped when i closed my eyes tightly.