PDA

View Full Version : Back again with another worry

Worriedwellornot
21-05-19, 20:40
Oh dear I’ve had 6 months of worry free life but it’s back with a vengeance. I had 3 months of cbt and was doing really well. However a couple of weeks ago I went for a type 2 diabetes test. The result came back very high and was sent for a fasting test. That too came back high and I was referred to GP last week. GP referred me for more tests which I’m having tomorrow. Having googled the symptoms I know a diagnosis of diabetes can be a sign of Pancreatic Cancer. I’ve had a pain under my right rib for years which is now really bad. My bowels are really loose and I’m losing weight. I’m checking my eyes every day for jaundice and my urine for colour. I’ve not been able to concentrate for days now and my HA is spiralling out of control. Pancan is my very worst fear and I’ve had a few occasions when I’ve diagnosed myself although tests have proved otherwise.

Please can anyone help with advice

thanks

Fishmanpa
21-05-19, 20:54
I get that a pending diagnosis that may require treatment is daunting but possible diabetes to pancreatic cancer is an Olympic sized leap! STOP GOOGLING and find something to distract yourself or pull out your CBT workbooks. You're getting testing tomorrow and you'll know what the deal is soon. Worse case you need treatment for diabetes and I know several people that live just fine with it.

Positive thoughts

Worriedwellornot
21-05-19, 20:59
Thanks Fish. Good to see you are still on here dishing out common sense!

Fishmanpa
21-05-19, 21:08
Thanks Fish. Good to see you are still on here dishing out common sense!

Anytime :)

Positive thoughts