PDA

View Full Version : Slurred speech, head/eye pressure

Archaga
27-05-19, 04:03
My anxiety has been terrible all week.

Today I was arguing with someone and I stumbled over my words a few times, like my tongue got tied up. I felt hot too.

My head and eyes feels full of pressure, like it feels like a giant rush from the brain. Everytime i try to talk to test myself i get the head pressure,

My legs feel hollow too. My legs, feet and even tongue felt numb all week. Tongue is actually moreso dry.

Right now im talking fine, but that could change to feeling hot, red and head pressure, then slurring. Then back to fine, then back to not.

Ive been a hypo for 20 years and this is probably the scaredest ive felt.

BlueIris
27-05-19, 05:09
For what it's worth, this sounds like anxiety to me. Once you get into a spiral about things and become hypervigilant, you start noticing the little things and taking them as evidence something's really wrong, which then sets you to spiralling even more.

ErinKC
27-05-19, 16:03
I agree with BlueIris that all these symptoms sound like panic attack symptoms. Despite having had anxiety for several years I don't get full blown panic attacks often. When I do they are very similar to what you're describing and are truly terrifying. But, they always pass.

katniss
29-05-19, 06:31
What do you mean by slurred speech? It sounds like you may have said a few garbled words? I remember saying “I need to start floshing” to my dentist yesterday instead of flossing lol. If I was speaking fast enough that whole sentence may have been garbled lol. It happens!