PDA

View Full Version : physical affects of Anxiety

anxiety
18-01-05, 22:38
Hi, Am I the only one that suffers with bad physical affects , I cannot take medication as I have bad reactions. I have suffered with anxiety for over a year , I get numbness on my tongue and the right side of my face almost every day. Does anyone else get this?? It will go away for a few weeks then come back even worse. Anyone help?

seh1980
18-01-05, 22:49
hello there,

No, of course you are not alone!! I often get quite a few physical symptoms of anxiety: numbness in the face and neck, very strained eyes, sore muscles in my back and legs, tight chest, etc.

It must be hard for you not being able to take meds as mine have helped me so much and the physical symptoms have slowly disappeared. Have you tried relaxation CDs or seeing a counsellor?

Sarah :D

lainey
19-01-05, 09:54
Hi.
No, you are not alone, I had many physical symptoms:-
Numbness in my nose, feet, legs and arms
Tingling in my head
Tight neck muscles and arm pain
Chest pain

The list goes on,with time, hard work and determination you will get better, keep browsing through the posts on this wonderful site and it will help you enormously.

Take care

Elaine x

jill
19-01-05, 10:16
Hi,

NO YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE who suffers with
bad physical symptoms.
Mine where,
Numbness in my head, feet or hands.
Pain in chest,back legs.
feeling like I had a burn on the side of my face,
and the list goes on.:(

These days I feel alot better,
With alot of hard work support and time you to can
learn how to feel better.
Always remember you are not alone
and we are all here for you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Great changes may not happen right away,
but with effort the difficult may become easy.

Ivor screwloose
19-01-05, 10:49
Dear anxiety
As you will already see you most definately are not alone, I get a new physical sympton evey now and again, don't know why it's just the way our anxiety shows it's self, sometimes I get some strange feelings in some strange places sometimes they go away and never come back, some of them I get stuck with ,anything that really bothers me I get checked out sometimes I feel silly, but who really cares if it makes me feel better.

gary

nomorepanic
19-01-05, 12:00
Anxiety

Welcome to the forum.

Take a look at this previous post on this forum - Symptoms of panic (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1875)

You will see you are not alone atall with this.

It is unsual to find someone on here that doesn't get any symptoms.

Meds don't agree with me either so I know how you feel about that one.

I used to get a problem that my tongue was too big for mouth - that is common too apparently.

Hope you are reassured that you are not alone now.

Nicola

Meg
19-01-05, 12:38
......and focusing on it only makes it become a bigger issue - so use distraction to show yourself that it is transient.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance