PDA

View Full Version : One eye is droopy

katniss
28-05-19, 21:24
Hey guys!

So I am incredibly panicked right now. My heart is literally in the pit of my stomach. I noticed a few days ago that my left eye is a bit droopy, I thought maybe it would get better and just left it. Now I noticed yesterday that it’s still like that, I didn’t want to Google though and showed my sis. She said it might be swollen. But it’s not. My eye is NOT swollen or puffy. I know what that looks like - this is not it. My husband thinks it’s nothing and can’t notice it. But my sis can notice and I can notice it too. I am really really scared. This morning I Googled and man there’s nothing good about this. The only way it’s normal is if you have always had it (which I haven’t.. I even scoured through old pics to check) or if both yours eyes are droopy then it might be age related. Otherwise it’s bad news.

Has anyone ever had this and been okay? One of my biggest fears is a brain tumor and this can cause a droopy eyelid OR a stroke/aneurysm. I’m kind of in denial at the same time but I just don’t get it. Like what the heck! I’m only 31!! Why is this stuff happening to me? I honestly can’t help but just cry because I am so so so scared and worried about my kids and what would happen to them if something happened to me

jojo2316
28-05-19, 21:30
So I have had this fear before and in my case, in hindsight, I’m pretty sure what I was noticing was normal variation. You say your husband can’t see it? I would suggest, in that case, you might be noticing something that has always been there? What made you first see it?

RadioGaGa
28-05-19, 22:40
Try and raise your eyebrows. If you can do that, you can rule out anything sinister - although, you'd be best to get that reassurance from a doctor if your eye is indeed drooping.

katniss
28-05-19, 23:05
Thank you all.

Because it could have had some serious implications I went to my GP right away. She confirmed that it wasn’t droopy. She pulled at my eyes while I held them shut tightly and “proved” that my eye muscles were indeed healthy. Thank God for that. She confirmed that there is some swelling in the eyelid itself possibly due to allergies. Lady Gaga your technique of checking was perfect!

RadioGaGa
28-05-19, 23:24
Delighted to have helped. And even more delighted to hear you got reassurance over a (potentially) worrying symptom :yesyes: