PDA

View Full Version : Little finger twitching / involuntary movement

LF87
30-05-19, 09:24
Hi,
I'm having a major panic attack right now. Last night my little finger started moving a tiny bit on its own, kind of like a pulsating twitch at rest. I've woken up this morning and it's doing again just constantly, not like a quick twitch, it's actually just not stopping. If I look at my inside palm I can see the bit where its moving. I have been drinking a lot lately and having poor nights sleep but never had a persistent twitch like that? I'm going to all sorts of brain and nerve conditions. What if it doesn't stop? Has anyone had this before

BlueIris
30-05-19, 09:25
It's just fatigue and poor self care, don't sweat it.

LF87
30-05-19, 09:38
Thanks blue iris. Is that normal for a twitch though? My finger hasn't stopped moving for ages now. Like a constant pulsating twitch

BlueIris
30-05-19, 09:42
I have no clue, I'm not a neurologist. Major problems tend not to manifest so subtly, though.

ankietyjoe
30-05-19, 10:08
Thanks blue iris. Is that normal for a twitch though? My finger hasn't stopped moving for ages now. Like a constant pulsating twitch

Well no it's not normal, normal is for it not to twitch.

However, it's very, very common with anxiety. This will be compounded by hammering your body with toxins and not sleeping enough.

I would suggest not worrying about it and not drinking for a few weeks.

LF87
30-05-19, 11:13
Thank you both, it stopped eventually. I'll try to cut back on alcohol, always easier said than done, it's become a crutch for me with my anxiety unfortunately.

ankietyjoe
30-05-19, 11:26
If it's a crutch you should stop completely, not cut back. With booze, whatever immediate benefits you feel is just a debt to be paid back later.

LF87
30-05-19, 11:31
Yeah, I spoke to my doctor who said to gradually reduce the intake. I agree with the debt to pay back with hangovers etc. But honestly, it is sometimes the lesser evil for me than being all twisted up and anxious all day every day

Fishmanpa
30-05-19, 11:42
Yeah, I spoke to my doctor who said to gradually reduce the intake. I agree with the debt to pay back with hangovers etc. But honestly, it is sometimes the lesser evil for me than being all twisted up and anxious all day every day

That's a dark and slippery path you're on LF.

Positive thoughts

LF87
30-05-19, 12:41
Definitely is fishman. I don't know how to break the cycle. It's causing arguments with my partner too and I'm feeling pretty crap most of the time. I've stopped going to the gym and barely seen my friends. I'm in a real hole

ankietyjoe
30-05-19, 13:04
You deal with it by not drinking any more and dealing with the fallout. Sound brutal, but there will soon be a time where you can't stop and you then have two significant problems to deal with.

As nasty as it feels, anxiety is just a sensation.

Alcoholism is much more serious.