PDA

View Full Version : Dementia worries

Jarofflies
31-05-19, 01:25
Firstly, I'm 33 don't know if that helps

But basically I can't for the life of me remember if I put my cat out this evening after I fed him or let him stay in. Because at 9pm he wanted to go out and I was like oh yeah you're still in. I'm assuming I let him out after I fed him then let him in not long after then let him out again at 9pm. Just can't directly recall

I have two other cats and a dog and I literally remember ever last little thing that's happened today, except me letting my cat back inside.

I was playing music at the time and could've just been distracted and not focused when I let him in which made me forget I don't know

Fishmanpa
31-05-19, 01:30
My mother suffered from dementia at the end of her life. You don't have dementia!

Positive thoughts

ErinKC
31-05-19, 01:56
If forgetting what I did and didn't do on any given day meant I had dementia I'd be screwed! You just went on autopilot because it's something you do every day.

MyNameIsTerry
31-05-19, 02:31
If forgetting what I did and didn't do on any given day meant I had dementia I'd be screwed! You just went on autopilot because it's something you do every day.

And stress can make this happen much more. Just look how busy people forget things. Well, anxiety/panic is stress on steroids by comparison and it can cause all sorts of symptoms that can make you struggle with cognition e.g. brain fog. for one.

I've walked across roads without looking several times. Even walked out of a shop without paying after scanning my groceries and didn't realise until I was half way across the car park as my wallet was in the wrong pocket (always move it from jacket to trouser when heading for the till).

The same neurotransmitter we can be low in plays a role in memory and cognition. That might be a reason why we struggle more than the non anxious and why periods of stress do it to anyone.

Jarofflies
31-05-19, 09:23
Well hopefully it's that! Thanks everyone

I was giving myself a headache last night by thinking of it so much and forcing myself to try and remember

I'll just try and move on