PDA

View Full Version : chills no fever

cofo
31-05-19, 13:30
hi
i've been doing so good. i've been reading posts occasionally but haven't posted in a while.
now. i'm kinda worried and wondering what i should do.
i started having chills last night while over at a friends house. my feet were freezing, and i just could not get warm
i then got fatigued and felt a little achy. i thought i might have a fever but i didn't. i slept terribly, because i could not get warm.
this morning, i took my temp and it was 100. but after i was up and about it was normal. but i'm still having chills and feel like i have a fever(achy, tired, headachy).

what's worrying me is that i don't have any other symptoms. i was thinking maybe a uti, but i don't have any symptoms of that except my lower back is kinda achy. i am terrified that i might have sepsis. i read chills without a fever could be an early symptom of sepsis.

so, of course, it's Friday. I want to wait and see how I feel, but of course, the dr office will be closed tomorrow. oh, and I don't really have a PCP right now, so I don't even know where i'd go.

I also have had group b strep(women's strep)in the past(I won't go into the details of this, but with menopause I have issues in that area) :) and i'm concerned that I have that again and it's causing a widespread bacterial infection.

so, what should I do? how do I know if I should go to the dr?

it's just so weird to have this and no other symptoms

ankietyjoe
31-05-19, 14:54
If your temp was 100, you do have a mild fever. Sounds to me like you have a cold.

I don't see a need to rush to the Dr's for this. Just ride out the weekend by resting.

cofo
31-05-19, 15:02
yeah, i had a mild fever right after i got up, but a little later, it was gone. haven't had one since, and i didn't take any meds.
i don't have any cold symptoms, which is weird.

Kitkat99
31-05-19, 15:46
I have had chills before without a fever or even being sick. Sometimes I feel like I can’t get warm too...often actually. I wouldn’t worry. I once thought I had a kidney infection and actually started getting chills after reading it is a symptom so they can probably be psychosomatic.

cofo
31-05-19, 16:46
I did an at home uti test and it was negative. I wish it was psychosomatic but it’s not. I don’t feel good. It’s different than the normal not being able to get warm thing. It’s definitely a chill like you get with a fever. Maybe my body is just fighting off a virus. Trying not to panic

AMomentofClarity
31-05-19, 17:05
I wish it was psychosomatic but it’s not. I don’t feel good.

Said every psychosomatic illness sufferer ever.....

cofo
31-05-19, 18:14
Said every psychosomatic illness sufferer ever.....

Lol. True.
But I really don’t feel good and it turns out I am running a fever. Piled up on the couch now, took some ibuprofen and watching the French open. Trying not to think about it.

ankietyjoe
31-05-19, 19:30
yeah, i had a mild fever right after i got up, but a little later, it was gone. haven't had one since, and i didn't take any meds.
i don't have any cold symptoms, which is weird.

Except....chills...fatigue....temperature...... :doh:

Kitkat99
31-05-19, 21:13

Yes exactly. Not every cold presents with a stuffy nose and cough and not every virus is a cold. Sometimes you just feel unwell and have a fever.

cofo
31-05-19, 21:14

Yeah, I do have a low grade fever which causes aches,chills ,fatigue but those aren’t really cold symptoms. I meant like, stuffy or runny nose, coughing, sneezing, drainage, etc. I don’t have any symptoms except a mild fever.

Fishmanpa
31-05-19, 21:23
It could be any type of run of the mill bug that causes that. It happens. Its certainly nothing to freak out about. Just chill and and take some OTC pain/fever reducers. Feel better soon.

Positive thoughts