PDA

View Full Version : Woke up with a scratch

linette365
31-05-19, 18:11
Last weekend I went home for a visit. Saturday morning I woke up with a scratch/cut like mark on my left hand. I didn’t really noticed it until I went to wash my hands and it stung. I didn’t think anything of it then, but now I’m wondering. What if it was a bat? I hadn’t looked around at the time, would I have definitely noticed if there was one? Or is it possible that it came down and escaped all while I was still asleep? Or was it hiding somewhere when I woke up? I’m just really anxious because I live in the US where bats are a concern for rabies infection. I feel like I’m being unreasonable but I just wish I’d checked around my room.

nomorepanic
31-05-19, 18:47
Nope it wasn't a bat - how did it get in your room and bite you then escape again?

Sorry to say but yes you are being unreasonable.

linette365
01-06-19, 03:54
Nope it wasn't a bat - how did it get in your room and bite you then escape again?

Sorry to say but yes you are being unreasonable.

I probably am. I guess I’m just concerned because it’s a pretty long scratch and I don’t know how it got there. Have you ever gotten a random cut/scratch?

BlueIris
01-06-19, 04:32
All the time, yes. Same for my husband.

Midnight-mouse
01-06-19, 07:43
I probably am. I guess I’m just concerned because it’s a pretty long scratch and I don’t know how it got there. Have you ever gotten a random cut/scratch?

Oh more than I care to think! And my other half too, he found one yesterday morning that he has no idea where it came from. I’m our case he could of scratched it in his sleep or maybe the cat did! But we sleep right by two large open windows each night and never worry about the wildlife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
01-06-19, 14:23
Have you ever gotten a random cut/scratch?

I can safely say that EVERYONE has gotten a cut, scratch or bruise and has no recollection of it happening. (And it wasn't from some invisible rabies infested ninja bat!)

Positive thoughts

KK77
01-06-19, 21:53
Do you have long nails?

linette365
01-06-19, 22:15
Do you have long nails?

Nope

linette365
02-06-19, 01:07
Btw I have attached an image of what the scratch looks like now. It has scabbed over a bit but it used to be more red.

Fishmanpa
02-06-19, 01:25
Btw I have attached an image of what the scratch looks like now.

Why? Its a scratch... nothing more :shrug:

Positive thoughts

textsfromthemoon
03-06-19, 07:54
Honestly it looks like a scratch from possibly itching yourself too hard, maybe even in your sleep, I don't have sharp nails either but it still happens to me from time to time

NervousinSLC
03-06-19, 22:48
If it was a bite from a bat I’ll eat my hat.

linette365
03-06-19, 23:03
Honestly it looks like a scratch from possibly itching yourself too hard, maybe even in your sleep, I don't have sharp nails either but it still happens to me from time to time

I guess you’re right. It also wouldn’t really make sense considering I keep my door and windows closed and my lights on throughout the night (bad habit but I sleep late and forget to turn them off). If there was a bat I’m sure I would have noticed.

If it was a bite from a bat I’ll eat my hat.

Haha well hopefully you won’t have to do that!