PDA

View Full Version : Hiccups

crystal17
01-06-19, 16:23
I didn't try to search for this but googled ways to get rid of hiccups and it came up - that hiccups can be a sign of a brain tumour :weep: Does anyone know how long they'd have to last or any other characteristics that would make them stand out?

I'm obviously aware that this is a very rare cause of them, but it's still a cause and enough to make me extremely panicky. I looked on the NHS website and it said to see a doctor if hiccups are present for more than 48 hours - do you think that means consistently 48 hours or if they stop for a while and then come back?

Fishmanpa
01-06-19, 17:40
I didn't try to search for this but googled ways to get rid of hiccups and it came up - that hiccups can be a sign of a brain tumour :weep:

Wow! Brain tumor? That's a stretch! I would tend to think if they've been present uninterrupted for 48 hours, disturbing sleep etc.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
02-06-19, 02:35
My dad has dispepsia. His hiccups were all day and all night to the point of struggling to sleep. They didn't come and go but they weren't constant like someone with hiccups we normally think of.