PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about anemia

Emilychazza98
02-06-19, 10:48
So I've been diagnosed with another autoimmune condition, pernicious anemia as I'm low in b12, folate and vitamin d and tested positive for gastric parital cells. I already have hashimotos and apparently because of this other one my body doesn't absorb vitamins and tablets so is struggling with my thyroid meds aswell.

I've not yet been treated for this new condition and they are sending me to gastrology and endo first.

I've read this can kill you.??? I am constantly tired, yawning which makes me feel weak like I've got no oxygen and just feel shit. I'm scared that I'm going to drop dead with this anemia as apparently your body shuts down because of low oxygen. Should they be treating me asap not just letting me walk out....

utrocket09
02-06-19, 13:59
So I've been diagnosed with another autoimmune condition, pernicious anemia as I'm low in b12, folate and vitamin d and tested positive for gastric parital cells. I already have hashimotos and apparently because of this other one my body doesn't absorb vitamins and tablets so is struggling with my thyroid meds aswell.

I've not yet been treated for this new condition and they are sending me to gastrology and endo first.

I've read this can kill you.??? I am constantly tired, yawning which makes me feel weak like I've got no oxygen and just feel shit. I'm scared that I'm going to drop dead with this anemia as apparently your body shuts down because of low oxygen. Should they be treating me asap not just letting me walk out....

Anemia on its own will not kill you. If it was that serious, you would not have been allowed to leave, and would have been given blood or platelets. Both my aunt and husband had anemia