PDA

View Full Version : I can’t tell if the pain is in my head or not

UserName20
02-06-19, 13:33
A few days ago I started feeling a random little pain on and off on the back of my head at the right hand corner where my neck meets. Now I just keep thinking about it and although it’s not constant, I just keep having a random aching pain there. The thing is is that I really honestly can’t tell if it’s in my head or if it actually is bothering me. The pain is nowhere near severe or anything, I’m just beginning to get worried I have a tumor back there or something. I know one time I read an article that pain in that area was linked with cancer and now I am really scared. Ugh!

Kitkat99
02-06-19, 14:25
Pain in that area is also linked to muscle tension (common with anxiety) and bad posture.

roseanxiety
02-06-19, 15:03
Also check your blood pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ankietyjoe
02-06-19, 15:16
Pain anywhere 'can' be linked to cancer. Or a thousand other things.

pav1984
02-06-19, 16:05
A few days ago I started feeling a random little pain on and off on the back of my head at the right hand corner where my neck meets. Now I just keep thinking about it and although it’s not constant, I just keep having a random aching pain there. The thing is is that I really honestly can’t tell if it’s in my head or if it actually is bothering me. The pain is nowhere near severe or anything, I’m just beginning to get worried I have a tumor back there or something. I know one time I read an article that pain in that area was linked with cancer and now I am really scared. Ugh!

Not sure if this helps but whatever illness i am worried about at the time, i tend to get some kind of sensation there. For example if i am worried about a mole i will feel an itch. This will disappear when i start to worry about something else. I suppose it is similar to when someone mentions head lice, you head itches. If you take your mind off it by doing something you love does it still hurt?

Kitkat99
02-06-19, 18:34
Not sure if this helps but whatever illness i am worried about at the time, i tend to get some kind of sensation there. For example if i am worried about a mole i will feel an itch. This will disappear when i start to worry about something else. I suppose it is similar to when someone mentions head lice, you head itches. If you take your mind off it by doing something you love does it still hurt?

Actually while reading this I got a pain at the back of my head and in my neck on the right side...the brain is a powerful thing.

UserName20
04-06-19, 18:32
Thank you guys. It’s still here for about the 5th day but now it feels more like a normal headache on the right side of my head. It’s not super bad.. it’s like my head just feels full and kind of achy but not to where I’m in actual pain if that makes sense??? If I’m distracted I don’t really notice it but I’m wondering if my mind is making this entire thing to or not. Last night it definitely felt really full but I was also freaking out about it. I could feel my heart pounding and I was trying to do breathing excercises to calm myself down. I’m 19 and haven’t had a doctor ever mention about my blood pressure but maybe it is high. I’m trying to go out and about today and get my mind off of it. I hate worrying so much.

Kitkat99
04-06-19, 20:25
Thank you guys. It’s still here for about the 5th day but now it feels more like a normal headache on the right side of my head. It’s not super bad.. it’s like my head just feels full and kind of achy but not to where I’m in actual pain if that makes sense??? If I’m distracted I don’t really notice it but I’m wondering if my mind is making this entire thing to or not. Last night it definitely felt really full but I was also freaking out about it. I could feel my heart pounding and I was trying to do breathing excercises to calm myself down. I’m 19 and haven’t had a doctor ever mention about my blood pressure but maybe it is high. I’m trying to go out and about today and get my mind off of it. I hate worrying so much.

Im now 20 but went through a patch of worrying about my blood pressure around Christmas when I was 19. Everyone I spoke to told me I’m way to young to have high blood pressure and was worrying needlessly. It’s not impossible but very unlikely. Anyway if you did a doctor probably wouldn’t prescribe you blood pressure medication at 19. More than likely they would advise life style changes such as, a healthier diet, more exercise and better stress management. Stress doesn’t even case high blood pressure by the way. Not the ‘permanent’ type, it just rises in stressful situations then goes back down when you are relaxed. So don’t stress about being stressed like I did 😆 if you are already a genuinely healthy person then you don’t need to worry. I was worried because I don’t exercise much or eat healthy but honestly it’s so rare at this age it probably isn’t worth thinking about.

I get a lot of neck pain and it really does sound like muscle tension, probably made worse by you thinking about it. Try getting a massage or doing some neck and shoulder exercises that relieve tight muscles. A heat pack could also help but don’t over do it or put it on bare skin.