PDA

View Full Version : Soap or spit?

NervousinSLC
02-06-19, 19:24
I walked a short distance inside to work today at about 0610 and went to the bathroom around 1000 and brought my purse with me. As I was washing my hands I realized I needed to go to (sorry for tmi change my feminine hygiene pad) and when I was in the middle of washing my hands I accidentally flung some soap on the one side of the purse. I wiped it off then washed my hands again (an OCD thing). When I got back into the office and was getting ready to go on my break I noticed a spot on the top (near the zipper) on the other side of the purse that looked like a small puddle of spit. It was opaqueish and full of bubbles but looked very similar to the hand soap.
I have no idea but this is freaking me out!! I have a few questions

1.) Could a rabid bat have dropped a rabid loogie on my handbag, and could I have potentially touched that and made contact with my lady parts (mucosal tissue) hence contracting this stupid disease?

2.) What does bat spit even look like? I know I’m being irrational but I’m so wound up and upset. This is my second rabies scare in the past two days and I can’t stop thinking about it

3.) was it soap or spit???

BlueIris
02-06-19, 19:26
Which of those options doesn't sound irrational to the point of outright lunacy?

NervousinSLC
02-06-19, 19:48
I appreciate your honest insight. It helps me.

BlueIris
02-06-19, 19:55
Good :) I know it's tough, but you have to at least try and look at these things in the way a non-HA person. I fight the irrationality myself pretty much every day.

NervousinSLC
02-06-19, 20:32
Good :) I know it's tough, but you have to at least try and look at these things in the way a non-HA person. I fight the irrationality myself pretty much every day.

Aaaand literally I have a fear of having bat spit on my sleeve now because it’s slightly damp. I’ve been inside since an hour ago. Why. Am. I. This. Retarded?

BlueIris
02-06-19, 20:48
You're not. You're unwell. With the right help, though, you can recover.

Fishmanpa
02-06-19, 21:07
The fact you recognize how irrational you're being is a positive. As BlueIris said, getting real life professional help would be the way to go. You need some tools in your box to help quell the irrationality.

Positive thoughts

NervousinSLC
03-06-19, 01:14
I also forgot to mention that some of the threads were quite enjoyable to read because it brought a lot of humor into the situation which was soothing... so thank you!

NervousinSLC
03-06-19, 01:21
I accidentally deleted my response because I'm a noob and I don't know how to use this site fully yet! haha! I meant to say thank you so much for your response and that I am indeed going back to see the psychiatrist Friday after next and hopefully will be put back onto the Zoloft i was on for so many years for my anxiety (I went off because I wasn't having any anxiety symptoms several months back) and I think it will be beneficial to go back on them.
I noticed your responses to many of the Rabies fears threads and your insight specifically brought me a massive amount of comfor t that I literally screenshotted them on my phone to look at during uncertain times. So, a major THANK YOU!

I guess my area of uncertainty is there isn't a whole lot of posts regarding bat saliva...And my brain is automatically screaming BAT when I see something that i don't find "right". I just don't know what bat saliva would look like....

I know for a fact that my first twinge of anxiety is now irrelevant because bat bites are very obvious and you feel them... but I don't know what it means for me if I accidentally got into bat saliva and didn't know it! I don't know how to reassure myself...

Fishmanpa
03-06-19, 02:02
but I don't know what it means for me if I accidentally got into bat saliva and didn't know it! I don't know how to reassure myself...

Well... it's not like rabid bats go around hocking loogies (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hocking%20loogies) everywhere :winks:

Positive thoughts

NervousinSLC
03-06-19, 13:48
I just still have had a hard time relooping that thought over and over. I will give the psychiatrist a call. It’s a little nutty of me but I’ve been asking bat experts what bat saliva looks like

BlueIris
03-06-19, 13:50
Yep, that's properly nutty. Hopefully your psych will be able to help you through this one.