PDA

View Full Version : Ruptured spleen after cracking left ribs? :(

elle95
03-06-19, 16:19
So this morning I was sitting in my bed when I moved to my right side I suddenly felt my lower ribs on my left side crack and it hurted a lot I was moaning of pain. Ok so after that I continued with my morning activities, I opened a door which is a bit hard to open amd when I pulled it with my right arm my left side suddenly ached. Whenever I move to my left side it hurts or when I put my hands on it. Then I went to dr google and it told me the spleen is on the left side in the upper abdomeb right exactly where my ribs cracked. I read a lot of awful thing and I am scared that I ruptured my spleen and right now I am slowly bleeding to death without noticing and that I will either die or need surgery (God forbid!). I read that the spleen is very important though one can live without it, but it puts you at risk of deadly infections. i am so scared waitung for my mom to take me to ER and I feel nauseos and dizzy and I am thinking because internal hemorrhage :'( Has anyone knowledge about this.

BlueIris
03-06-19, 16:23
Chances are you've just pulled a muscle. The nausea and dizziness can easily be caused by a panic attack.

It's probably sensible to get yourself checked out, but I really doubt you'd be able to type on a forum if you were bleeding to death.

nomorepanic
03-06-19, 17:24
I doubt you can crack a rib that easily either.

ErinKC
03-06-19, 17:53
I think it's unlikely you cracked a rib rolling over. I have, however, dislocated (my term, I don't know what this is actually called) a rib - a ligament or whatever is between our ribs had gotten misplaced or trapped by a rib bone and it hurts sooo much. It happened to me once when I was taking a deep breath and rolling over in bed at the same time. Sudden sharp pain. Then it will pop back. If you did that the muscles in your ribs can also be really sore. This is probably what happened, but still a good idea to get checked.

venusbluejeans
03-06-19, 20:06
The spleen is an organ which is litterally full of blood, if you ruptured your spleen then you would be feeling very very poorly by now

MyNameIsTerry
04-06-19, 02:00
I think it's unlikely you cracked a rib rolling over. I have, however, dislocated (my term, I don't know what this is actually called) a rib - a ligament or whatever is between our ribs had gotten misplaced or trapped by a rib bone and it hurts sooo much. It happened to me once when I was taking a deep breath and rolling over in bed at the same time. Sudden sharp pain. Then it will pop back. If you did that the muscles in your ribs can also be really sore. This is probably what happened, but still a good idea to get checked.

Getting those intercostal muscles trapped is something I've had plenty of times. You feel like you want to lawn but can't as it hurts.

OP as others have said you would be seriously ill with a ruptured spleen, as in back of an ambulance ill. If someone hit you in the ribs with a baseball bat at full power then it's possible, as an idea of the kind of force to be concerned with.