PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever encounter signs that you are sick?

maz063
04-06-19, 16:51
Ok so lately I’ve been paranoid about kidney failure because I found out a have some tiny stones and also some scar tissue on both kidneys( my bloods and urine test show my kidneys are functioning great). I’m only 22 and the doc said it’s not normal and probably from a childhood infection. She said as long as things are working, there’s nothing to be that concerned about.

That being said, I have literally been seeing “ “signs” everywhere. For example, I’ll be watching a TV show and a character will have kidney disease or need a transplant. I flipped open the newspaper....to a story about someone who donated a kidney. I’ll scroll through social media and something about kidney failure( not ads so it’s not from search history) will pop up.

Now this also happened when I was convinced I had lymphoma. TV shows, books, reading material, it’s like I would always encounter the disease somehow and then superstitiously believe it’s a sign.

Anybody else feel like that happens a lot to them?

Fishmanpa
04-06-19, 16:58
You're hyper aware and seeing things you normally wouldn't give a second thought to. There are dozens of threads about this but the reality is there's no such 'magic' in the universe.

Positive thoughts

Kitkat99
04-06-19, 21:08
It’s called the frequency illusion. Look it up. It’s like when you or someone you know gets a new car and then you start to see that car everywhere. Had this same fear but once I learnt about the frequency illusion it subsided a bit.

ErinKC
06-06-19, 01:37
I was about to mention the same phenomenon as Kitkat. That's all it is!

maz063
06-06-19, 04:13
Never heard of that illusion. Good to know!