PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive Ears

moonlightangel
04-06-19, 17:59
Hi. I'm 17 and for the past week my ears have been extremely sensitive to noise. Even noises that I'm usually able to handle are hurting my ears. I will say that for the past few years, I have been a frequent earbuds user. But now that I'm going through this, I promised myself to never wear them again. I'm super worried that this pain won't go away, and that I will eventually lose my hearing. I already know that the earbuds have probably caused damage, I'm not dumb. I do however feel stupid for not being more cautious. But I'm still worried. My mom noticed that I've been super sensitive to noise and she got so mad at me because this is just another thing that I'm now worried about. I feel so lost. I feel so tired. i'm so young but yet I don't see anything to look forward to in my future. My teenage years were filled with anxiety, depression, homeschool, no friends, and now my family is even falling apart. I can't see the light.

Fishmanpa
04-06-19, 20:17
I'm 17.... I feel so lost. I feel so tired. i'm so young but yet I don't see anything to look forward to in my future. My teenage years were filled with anxiety, depression, homeschool, no friends, and now my family is even falling apart. I can't see the light.

Your Mom isn't recognizing the mental struggle you're having. What you describe is more than just worries as they're affecting you profoundly. Perhaps you can speak to her about how you're feeling inside and how its affecting you. Show her what you wrote to strangers on the internet and ask for help. Perhaps there's a trusted adult or school counselor you can speak with?

Positive thoughts

moonlightangel
05-06-19, 21:53
Thank you. Sadly I can't talk to anyone else because I'm homeschooled.

Fishmanpa
05-06-19, 23:00
Every State in the US has services available (https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help/immediate-help) and help lines. Perhaps a phone call is in order?

Positive thoughts