PDA

View Full Version : Palpatations

Lissy43
15-09-07, 09:11
Are these normal? nothing to worry about i mean?

I had one last night, it felt like my heart skipped a beat then I had a beat/flutter in my throat, took my breath away as it was quite strong. I then went to bed. This morning ive had 2, not quite as strong but still enough to make me wonder if there is something wrong.

They are not linked to anything nasty are they? I have had them when pregnant before and my mw said they are normal and best thing to do is not panic at all because they are harmless but maybe that was just in pregnancy.

I am under abit of stress at mo, had a rough couple of months with my anxiety since i had bronchitis. I haven't been panicky at the time the palpatations happen.

Jaco45er
15-09-07, 09:35
Ectopic beats are for the most part, harmless. I get them a fair bit, like a thud in the chest, almost like you are in a lift that stops suddenly.

Most people get them, just some people notice them, it's simply the heart re-adjusting after an extra beat.

If they become troublesome, you could see a doc for re-assurance, but they are so common, I doubt it's nothing more than anxiety causing them.

Staying off caffiene, alcohol and other stimulants can help to get rid of them.

Most anxiety sufferers let these beats run away with thier imaginations, and they tend to worry over what is, in reality, just a wee adjustment ;).

Take Care

Jaco

nomorepanic
15-09-07, 12:29
Have a read of the palpitations website page on the left and there are also loads of others threads about it under the common posts thread.

Lissy43
15-09-07, 19:35
Thank you, hopefully then they are perfectly normal esp to us anxiety sufferers.