PDA

View Full Version : Thumping in ears, scared and worried

nick1994
07-06-19, 23:56
I have on and off had a heartbeat in my left ear, particularly when laying down, for the last couple of weeks. I'm 25, within the normal weight range, don't smoke or drink alcohol. After doing some reading I'm really concerned it's blood pressure related. I often have panic attacks when getting my blood pressure measured and therefore never get proper readings (always high). The one or two times I've managed to have my blood pressure measured without anxiety, it's been relatively good at 120/80.

I struggle to get the 24 hour monitor because the surprise of it going off means I just panic and then continuously freak out. I'm just in a state of constant panic at the moment and can't get this sorted out. :weep:

Kitkat99
08-06-19, 00:03
I’ve been hearing my heart beat on and off in my ear since I was a kid. I often hear it when laying down with my ear against the pillow I think it’s more to do the way you lye since it enables you to hear your pulse if that makes sense.

nick1994
08-06-19, 00:47
Maybe you're right. I've just had it a lot tonight. I hate anxiety. Absolutely hate it with a passion. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy