PDA

View Full Version : Tongue issues

mythicalwatson
09-06-19, 10:15
Hello everyone

I'm currently having a bit of a panic and I don't know what to do.

Almost 2 weeks ago I was sat in a cafe and burnt my tongue on a piping hot cup of coffee, when I got home I had realised that the coffee had left a little burn on my tongue which I brushed off as nothing more than a burn and began to soothe my tongue with an ice cream.

Fast forward to today and I have noticed the burn is still there, hasn't exactly faded a whole lot and I'm starting to become a little concerned that it's not a burn at all.

My other issue is that the other day when checking and inspecting said burn, I have noticed a small bump on the side of my tongue (skin coloured and has a bit of a whitish middle). It's slightly to the right of my tongue near the front and isn't exactly noticeable until I either stick my tongue out or raise it. When running a finger across this bump it feels like its connected to the tissue and isn't massive at all but still feelable

I have made the mistake of googling my symptoms and checking for pictures that look similar (more for the tongue bump) and I keep freaking myself out with the search results as 9/10 times they all involve that dreaded C word.

I was just curious to know if the coffee could have done more damage than first thought or if these two issues could be something else?

I do apologize for this post as I know it's probably silly, but I keep thinking about this too much and felt posting would make me feel better.

venusbluejeans
09-06-19, 12:24
if you are worried about this then head to your drs to get it checked out..... don't google (as you know) :)

mythicalwatson
10-06-19, 14:54
Hello everyone

Just a little bit concerned about a burn on my tongue (I assume it’s a burn at least) that I’ve had on my tongue for around 2 weeks or so now.

I drank some boiling hot coffee the other week and ever since the burn in question has been ever present and I can’t tell if it’s healing properly or if I need to do anything to help heal it?

I’m aware this process can take some time to heal but I’ve read it usually takes a week or less and it’s starting to bother me thinking it could be something worse.

I do apologise for this post as it’s probably just me being delusional, but any help would be appreciated.

nomorepanic
10-06-19, 15:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Fishmanpa
10-06-19, 15:30
It can take weeks for a bad burn in your mouth to heal as you said. It really is as simple as that.

Positive thoughts