PDA

View Full Version : Eventful day - Lymphoma worries now!

RyanM1994
10-06-19, 21:49
Hi all.

So I know my previous topic was only yesterday, and yes my leg issue is still at the back of my mind.

So I was having a really stressful day, my boss was off and I was looking after the new work experience guy, and have to look after him for the next couple of weeks.

For whatever reason, I was googling unexpected weight loss, which I have had recently and came across something about Lymphoma. I looked at the symptoms and I literally ticked most of the boxes, which especially worried me due to the ongoing Tonsil issues.

For a couple of years now, every now and then I get up off the toilet or out of the bath (oddly this only seems to be when it happens) and get severe itching in my legs for a minute or two. And it happens rarely also.

I went to my doctor, she didn't check anything physically even though I wanted her to check my Lymph nodes and she gave me a lecture about anxiety which made me cry, but I came away feeling like it did me good. She also told me she wasnt concerned but that was before I felt the below:

Fast forward to 30 minutes ago. I just got in with my partner, and got changed. While getting changed I was feeling around my belly area, I have no idea why. Im quite big with lots of belly fat (even though I hate to admit it lol).

I felt a few pea sized lumps, just under my right ribs (one particular large one just underneath my right ribs where there is quite a bit of fat) and a couple on the left. Immediately panicked about swollen lymph nodes and felt around the rest of my belly.. I can feel them everywhere.

I've come to a conclusion it's either to do with the fat/muscle or I've got such widespread Lymphoma that I should be dead soon!

I know a lot of people on here have gone through diagnostics for swollen Lymph nodes on here so any advice would be appreciated. I don't even know if you can physically feel lymph nodes in the belly/rib area..

AMomentofClarity
10-06-19, 22:06
Hi all.

So I know my previous topic was only yesterday

I think this says it all

RyanM1994
10-06-19, 22:21
I know I'm getting help again very soon for my anxiety, but smaller genuine health worries are getting through when they shouldn't. Whereas this is potentially massive at least imo. But my opinion is probably skewed by the anxiety.

I mean I literally posted about my leg burning and wrote a massive post about it. That's definitely not right and I can see it after the fact.

However, I've never even picked up on Lymphoma before or even knew what it was but it seems like a lot of my actual symptoms could relate to it. Again my anxiety will push me down that route anyway

RyanM1994
10-06-19, 22:25
I really hate the feeling of uncertainty. I'm one of these people that likes to know the ins and outs of something I'm interested in (i work in IT it's the nature of my job lol) but I feel really stupid when it comes to health related problems which is what scares me the most. However education would probably make me worse lol