PDA

View Full Version : Cold sores, immune system and the big C.

j2
11-06-19, 23:01
I have been feeling off lately. Some pain in my armpit but no obvious swelling, some feeling of detached hand and foot on the left side too. About a week ago I got a cold sore on my lip. Now I have a second one as the first is just finally gone. I am fearful that I am having some sort of lymph node or immune system problem or big C. I have had cold sores in the past but few and far between. I don't remember ever having 2 so close in time to each other. I am afraid that I am a dead man walking. Like the virus is popping up now because my immune system is compromised and the recurring pain in my armpit is a swollen node that is putting pressure on a nerve and thus the detached hand feeling on my left side.

Thanks for listening.

Fishmanpa
11-06-19, 23:15
Sounds like you're trying to put together a 500 piece puzzle with 350 pieces and your eyes closed ;) Type 1 herpes on your lips or mouth will not affect a node in your armpit nor is it an indicator of a compromised immune system. Stress is a well known trigger for outbreaks and stress can run your system down thus triggering an outbreak. As with many here, you're hyper-focusing and mentally creating physical sensations and feelings/symptoms where none exist from a physical cause and attributing it to the worst possible scenario.

positive thoughts

Ben1989
12-06-19, 11:05
I regularly get armpit pain. Never really bothered me but one day I did ask the question why.

Turned out I always put my hands in my armpits and used to constantly tense my chest 'digging' them in. So, could be anything.

I get a cold sore maybe twice a year. 9/10 times I get them when stressed, run down and tired. I, too, have had two consecutively after another as well which is extremely annoying as cold sores are horrible.