PDA

View Full Version : Food concern

Oldtownroadman
13-06-19, 00:53
Hey everyone. First post here. I’m not sure if this is the right place to post but I’m freaking out here. Ok so about an hour ago, I decided to cook a pizza. It was a frozen one from Lidl (El Tequito Chili Con Carne Pizza to be precise). I threw it in the oven and waited. About 15 minutes later I checked the oven to see something was wrong with the door. While it could close, I realised it wasn’t closing properly and wasn’t shut 100%. I didn’t want to throw away a good pizza so I kept it in for an extra 30 or so minutes to make sure it was fully cooked. I took it out and saw the beef on it was now incredibly crispy and the sweet corn bits were burnt. So I figured ok it’s cooked no worries. I tried to cut it and noticed it was rock hard. I checked a review which told me the crust was incredibly tough anyway so that didn’t worry me. I ate most of it before realising the beans on it were hard instead of soft, except for the part that was directly touching the base. I ate most of the thing before deciding I shouldn’t continue and threw the remaining two slices in the bin. And now
I’m panicking hard, worrying I may get some form of food poisoning. Please can someone reassure me or lay out some facts because I’m going to have a panic attack here

roseanxiety
13-06-19, 00:57
Don’t worry. You baked any germs out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldtownroadman
13-06-19, 00:59
Thank you so much. This calmed me down a lot :)

ErinKC
13-06-19, 01:20
Aside from the cheese, aren't all the components of frozen pizzas precooked? It was probably hard because you overcooked it.

Midnight-mouse
13-06-19, 07:16
Just sounds like you over cooked it, you baked the moisture out of it.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueIris
13-06-19, 08:03
You baked your pizza too long, it went hard. Cause and effect.

ankietyjoe
13-06-19, 09:17
You could eat processed food like that raw/frozen/upside down for years and not get food poisoning. You're more likely (but still very, very unlikely) to get food poisoning from organic salad leaves than anything that's gone through as much factory prep as a frozen pizza.

The fact that you overcooked it by a factor of 714 times means that the chances of food poisoning are zero. Not close to zero, absolute zero.