PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I've made a fool of myself

boy
16-09-07, 13:54
Yesterday I had someone come round my house to sing on a demo. He sang some melodies a little differently and I didn't know how to properly correct him in a businesslike way and feel I came off as a pedantic idiot. My brother who held the mic (I don't have a stand) came off considerably better as he didn't have to direct so he was free to act himself.

To top it off, all I had to pay him for his trouble was his train fare, and on my way home I suddenly realised I'd underpaid him by 50p! I must look so tight!

I made jokes too and did my best to contribute to a jolly atmosphere but a lot of the time, due to nerves I just wasn't smiling, mostly controlling the software, stressing over confusing technical glitches and correcting him.

So basically I'm feeling very badly about yesterday as I must have come across as a hard-to-please and ungrateful t**t. :(

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

groovygranny
16-09-07, 20:11
It's so uncomfortable isn't it when we feel we've totally shown ourselves up?

Don't know about you but I play it over and over again in my mind till that's all I can think about.

But we have to stop it right there - it's our anx and lack of self-confidence that makes us feel like this. I'm convinced that most of the time we do make more of situations because of our sensitivity.

When I took part in a belly-dancing dvd a few weeks ago I was convinced that I'd spoilt the whole thing. I thought people would laugh at me and think 'what's an old wrinkly like her doing that for?' !!! :shades::blush:

Like you, I was concentrating so much on remembering the moves that I don't think I smiled once!! But my teacher said quite the opposite. She said that I looked 'quietly confident' and was obviously enjoying what I was doing !!!Totally the opposite to what I thought!:huh:

So, it may not be as bad as you think it is - you didn't deliberately underpay him so don't feel guilty about it. And, because you were concentrating on so many other things, I don't suppose for a minute anyone was expecting you to be grinning like a cheshire cat!

Don't know if this has helped you feel a bit better about it - but I hope it has.

Try not to let it take 'top of the list' status in your thoughts.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dave777
16-09-07, 20:28
Hello, sounds like something that would happen to me.
We do our best in certain situations in life, in retrospect you always feel you should have done better.
No need to worry.

Davee

samc100
16-09-07, 21:08
I bet the person didn't even notice half of what you have listed - cos' they'd be too worried about making themselves look foolish and concentrating on the demo they had to do.

And the fact you were serious when working will probably have impressed him - it would me.

If they do another demo you can always give them the extra 50p then - but I very much doubt if they are losing any sleep over it.

boy
22-09-07, 02:04
Cheers everyone. I'm over the initial shame now but still think I could've acted better, however I do see that maybe I'm over-analysing my actions and he could think nothing of it - especially since he must know I didn't underpay him on purpose. I hope i've made up for it in my cover email I sent with the finished results (it's ace thanks to him) in which I said how grafetul I am and shrugging my behaviour off as me being all over the palce with enrves on the day.

Besides, I can't have been that bad coz he offered to come down again whenever I need him, didn't think of it that way before. And yes, I'd pay him the missing 50p then!

groovygranny
22-09-07, 08:30
There you are boy, it worked out alright in the end!

We all look back sometimes and say "hm, could have done that better" or "oh, wish I'd said that"....

......it's all part of life!

Glad you feel better about it:)

:hugs::hugs:

samc100
22-09-07, 15:43
I really am glad you feel better about this. They obviously rate you highly to want to work with you again.

Hugs