PDA

View Full Version : I need some common sense advice

pav1984
20-06-19, 22:00
Hi all I need some advice. I struggle with what is worth a trip to the docs or not. Yesterday i was scratching inside my ear with my little finger and when i pulled it out there was blood on it. Now the logical and most probable answer to this is that i have created a cut. A normal person would not have googled this. However google has made me worry about ear cancer. The odds of this is litterally 1 in a million. I am thinking that i should just wait and see if my ear bleeds again and leave my fingers out of them. If it does then go to the doc not until. Do you think this is sensible? I realise this sounds pretty pathetic but i am trying to work on arguments against what i am worried about.

Fishmanpa
20-06-19, 22:06
Do you think this is sensible?

Not in the least.

Positive thoughts

pav1984
20-06-19, 22:23
Not in the least.

Positive thoughts

Cheers buddy. In every other area of life i am very logical and calculated. My health however i am a complete wreck. This sort of decision should not be this hard .

Fishmanpa
20-06-19, 22:29
This sort of decision should not be this hard .

Especially when you jump to 'ear cancer' ;)

Positive thoughts

pav1984
20-06-19, 22:52
Especially when you jump to 'ear cancer' ;)

Positive thoughts

Can i ask what your thought process would be in the situation i have described above? My own thought process it slightly irratic to say the least. I notice you always come across as level headed and sensible.

Fishmanpa
20-06-19, 23:41
Can i ask what your thought process would be in the situation i have described above? My own thought process it slightly irratic to say the least. I notice you always come across as level headed and sensible.

Despite two heart attacks, bypass, stents and Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer, I don't suffer from HA. Having had an itch in my ear and scratched it, I've had blood on my finger and on a Q Tip the next day, I've never thought anything other than 'I've scratched too hard' :shrug: Besides, of all the cancers in the world... Ear cancer? :wacko:

Positive thoughts

Midnight-mouse
21-06-19, 00:35

My thought process would be much like FMP but probably more ‘well that’s going to itch as it heals’ and ‘I need to cut my nails’ nothing more.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueIris
21-06-19, 04:50
Health anxiety person here, but yep, my assumption would be that I scratched too hard. (Disclaimer: the mentally ill part of me would react in secret delight at the future prospect of a really satisfying scab to pick at).

pav1984
21-06-19, 18:41
Cheers guys, I never even considered it until I broke all the rules and searched on Google. I am sure Google hates me :D

Back on the straight and narrow again. I might see if I can put a child lock on health related websites.

Midnight-mouse
21-06-19, 22:36
Health anxiety person here, but yep, my assumption would be that I scratched too hard. (Disclaimer: the mentally ill part of me would react in secret delight at the future prospect of a really satisfying scab to pick at).

I feel no shame in admitting I feel the same way about scabs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk