PDA

View Full Version : ear infection not going away

tech3545
21-06-19, 00:07
i started getting dizzy about two weeks ago. i also felt sort of feverish. i couldn't hear well out of my right ear but i didnt think much of it as i usually get wax buildup. a week passes and i got better but it came back. right before i leave for a vacation too. I notice I get dizzy when i move my eyes and it gets alot more intense. first thing that pops in my head is brain tumor. i went to an urgent clinic. the doctor said it looked like i didn't have much wax but i had a red eardrum and a fever. so she gave me some antibiotics which were 3 days worth which i was eager to take. ive now finished them a day ago and im still just as dizzy when i move my eyes or whatnot and feel pretty crappy. my mind is jumping to conclusions. and my family is saying "oh they should have worked by now" which is not helping my anxiety AT ALL. Going back to the doc is not an option in my situation currently so all im left to do is speculate. Has anyone had an ear infection like this and if so how long did it take to heal?

ankietyjoe
21-06-19, 00:13
Why is going back to the Doctor not an option?

It's relatively common to need more antibiotics if the first lot haven't shifted an infection. That's all that's happening here. As you said, you're jumping to conclusions despite being told by an actual Doctor that you have an infection.

ErinKC
21-06-19, 01:07
Why is going back to the Doctor not an option?

It's relatively common to need more antibiotics if the first lot haven't shifted an infection. That's all that's happening here. As you said, you're jumping to conclusions despite being told by an actual Doctor that you have an infection.

Three days seems short for the antibiotics. When I had an ear infection like this I was on meds for 7 days. I'd go back and have y
It checked again.