PDA

View Full Version : Hello

DaveR
16-09-07, 21:38
Hello, I've just found this forum, and I'm really pleased!

I've suffered from panic attacks all my life (33 years!), although they've only been diagnosed as such in the last 10 years or so. Recently they have been really bad and I am currently taking fluoxetine and propranolol to try to control them. It's helping, but it isn't fixing the problem......

I suffer from what I've seen described on here as "the throat problem" - except that I go from being OK to retching with nothing in between. That is virtually my only symptom. Some days I'm completely unable to speak for more than a few seconds at a time, and I tend to avoid people because of that. My friends and work are very understanding though so that is good. :yesyes:

Anyway, enough about me. I'll look forward to getting to know you all over the next few weeks and months!

honeybee3939
16-09-07, 21:44
Hi Dave

And welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Make sure you check out the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages also Dave:) they are sittuated at the left hand side of this page im sure they will help too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
16-09-07, 21:53
Hello Dave :welcome:to you!

Ugh, that sounds really 'orrible - but I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here.

Pleased to meet you!

:)

Lindalou64
16-09-07, 22:19
Hello Dave And Welcome.........linda

nomorepanic
16-09-07, 22:20
Hi Dave

:welcome: aboard.

I get the throat problems too and retching with it - horrid isn't it?

Hope we can be of some help on here.

Dave777
17-09-07, 05:54
Hello Dave

Welcome, I get PA's when travelling, had one recently on the Eurostar train at the Paris station.

I'm sure this Forum will be a great help to you.

D.

manmoor
17-09-07, 08:16
Hi Dave,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

ladygrom
17-09-07, 09:30
hi dave youve found the right site loads of info on here which will help you .hope you feel better soon tc elaine

KrazyKaz07
17-09-07, 13:15
Hello Dave and :welcome:

knightbabe
17-09-07, 14:00
Welcome Dave. I'm sure you'llfind plenty of support on here.

Southern_Belle
17-09-07, 16:37
Hi Dave,

Welcome to NMP. I have also had anxiety all my life and I also retch when I get extremely anxious such as when I have to fly. You will get tons of support here.

Hugs,

Laura

Nibbles
17-09-07, 21:03
Hi Dave and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I get the throat problem too so you aren't alone.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
18-09-07, 16:26
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xxx