PDA

View Full Version : Helicobacter pylori

Beckybecks
21-06-19, 07:07
Anyone here been diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori? And how was the treatment?

WiseMonkey
21-06-19, 08:35
Anyone here been diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori? And how was the treatment? Yes I had it about 15 years ago and had the triple therapy 2 types of antibiotic and an Omeprazole (an acid suppressant). Treatment was for 2 weeks, well tolerated and I haven't had a re-occurrence.

Beckybecks
21-06-19, 08:58
Thank you. Thats the same treatment I've been prescribed. Unfortunately the pharmacist scared me by telling me I would feel very ill while on the treatment. So I've been expecting the worst!

Fishmanpa
21-06-19, 12:34
My wife had it. Took antibiotics, PPIs. She pushed through and got better.

Positive thoughts

superworried
21-06-19, 22:03
I tested positive for it back in December. The treatment for it was fine, but I've had stomach ache since so waiting on an endoscopy to see what's going on. Make sure you get it rechecked 4 weeks after you've finished your PPI to make sure it's been eradicated.

Beckybecks
22-06-19, 08:49
I think the antibiotics cause havoc with the stomach especially if one has IBS.
But I do wonder now whether my IBS is actually just symptoms of the Helicobactor.
I suppose time will tell

rmq00108
14-07-19, 03:48
I tested positive for it back in December. The treatment for it was fine, but I've had stomach ache since so waiting on an endoscopy to see what's going on. Make sure you get it rechecked 4 weeks after you've finished your PPI to make sure it's been eradicated. Did you ever have your endo, superworried? how did it turn out?