PDA

View Full Version : Ok so this is going to sound ridiculous...

aleskaclarke
26-06-19, 20:33
Hi everyone I'm a 17 year old girl about to go to uni next year and as you've probably guessed I have health anxiety...Like very very severely. I can't even leave the house anymore because I'm scared someone might sneeze on me or something and I'll catch some infection ams I'm scared to walk anywhere in case my heart can't deal with it and just gives up. Anywayyy so I'm meant to be going to uni next year and staying in student halls but I'm really really scared to. Basically I have a HUGE fear of meningitis and I've heard lots that it's much more prevalent in confined living spaces like in uni halls. I really don't wanna jeopardise my life ambitions and chance at a fresh start because of this stupid mental illness but I really want some reassurance. I mean If I stay very clean and make sure not to share utensils etc and make sure I'm not in that close contact with people would I be ok?! I mean does anyone know much about meningitis? For example if someone carrying it sneezes on the opposite side of the room can it travel to you and Infect you or does it have to like land right on you? I know this sounds ridiculous but in my head I really can't see going to uni and being alone working out so I just want some reassurance from some hopefully unfortunate likeminded people[emoji173][emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
26-06-19, 20:46
Have you discussed this with your parents, relative or trusted adult? Reassurance isn't the answer.

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
26-06-19, 21:01
If you're going to university for the first time, you'll get sick - colds, flu, tonsillitis, you name it. It's what happens when you get a bunch of people together from all over the country with all their regional germs.

As FMP says, if this bothers you then your priority needs to be to treat the anxiety.