PDA

View Full Version : Repeated Concussions?

Slsheeba567
27-06-19, 19:21
Hi everyone, it’s been awhile since I last posted on here because of my progress made with Lexapro (ever since I started taking it, my health anxiety has all since gone away.) A couple of months ago I got a concussion for the first time when I banged my head really hard. It healed and then about 2 weeks ago I hit my head again (not so hard this time) and it took about a week to heal (as usual) well yesterday night I flopped down on my pillow and I’ve been feeling all of the concussion symptoms again (anxiety after hitting my head, headache, etc) And I’m just wondering, ever since I got that first concussion is my skull just super sensitive now and I have to make sure never to hit it again? Or is this just psychosomatic and I’m imagining all this? Like I’ve said, my health anxiety has mainly gone away ever since I got on medication.

LF87
27-06-19, 20:27
I had a really bad concussion when I was about 12 on the playground, ran into a cricket bat just as the guy was trying to hit the ball and hit the side of my skull instead. I was profusely sick for around 3 weeks everytime I moved, still to this day can't believe the hospital sent me home same day! You're probably just focusing on normal feelings / headaches that come and go. You're fine :)

Slsheeba567
28-06-19, 00:40
Thanks for replying!