PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I’m going to spiral again

ka123
27-06-19, 23:23
Hey everyone,

I’ve been dealing with health anxiety this whole year (new to this). I’m taking the steps i need to get over it...Waiting two weeks before contacting doctor, therapy, meditation, acupuncture, mindfulness, etc. And I’ve been feeling great and going back to the gym and most of my symptoms have gone. However, the past three days have been rough for me. I feel like I’m getting my chest pain back, I’m having this burning feeling in my chest that goes to the bottom of my sternum and I feel like I’m focusing on my breathing again which isn’t helping. I just got back from my first personal training session and I’m exhausted and feel like my heart beat is abnormal now too. My mind is racing with thoughts of lung cancer (one of the fears I can’t shake-I have curved fingernails which is hereditary but it still freaks me out) or a blood clot specifically a PE (this is somewhat new. I take birth control and have been on it for 7 years, but just developed this fear). I can take a deep breath, but sometimes I get a little twinge or pain, and I felt like I was really out of breath during today’s workout.

Logically I’m thinking, okay, I had my first personal training session today and she kicked my ass so obviously I’m going to be tired and out of breath. But I can’t decide what this chest burning/pain is.

Someone please talk me down. Thankfully I have my therapy session tomorrow.

Liddy1993
29-06-19, 13:39
Your breathing most definitely is related to your gym session. If you’re not used to it it’s gonna wake your body up a bit and you’re going to notice a difference in certain things ie your breathing. Because you focused on your breathing you also triggered your anxiety and I can hand on heart tell you that whenever I get a bad dose of it or an episode I get tightening in my chest and struggle to breathe. Once the stress goes the chest pain will go too. Deep breathes you are fine.

Fishmanpa
29-06-19, 14:10
Logically I’m thinking, okay, I had my first personal training session today and she kicked my ass so obviously I’m going to be tired and out of breath. But I can’t decide what this chest burning/pain is.

Someone please talk me down. Thankfully I have my therapy session tomorrow.

Why do you even have to decide? There's an obvious cause and effect. Good for you for addressing your anxiety in real life! :yesyes:

Positive thoughts