PDA

View Full Version : Ppl meds making reflux worse

Darksky
28-06-19, 18:27
My sister is due an endoscopy tomorrow. She has mucus, difficulty swallowing, esophagitis and reflux. The doctor has given her ppl meds for the reflux but they make it worse not better. I wonder what could cause this. It's the one symptom the doctor was most concerned about. Doctor actually said..you know what we will be looking for....which sent her off into a spiral. I've heard of them not particularly working for everyone but never heard of them making it worse.

Scass
29-06-19, 10:35
Wishing her good luck with the endoscopy, let us know how it goes?

Her doctor is super tactless. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darksky
29-06-19, 14:53
Thank you Scass, appreciate it.

well she had it and they found esophagitis due to acid reflux and a hiatus hernia. They are not doing anything for it she's just got to rethink her diet. I am researching manuka honey atm. Just a few biopsies which is standard.

honestly though that bl**dy doctor. She practically told her she had cancer. Threw the whole family into a panic...even the ones without anxiety.:D

Scass
29-06-19, 16:11
That doctor sucks!
I had esophagitis too (or however you spell it), I’m in the middle of a flare up at the moment because I put on weight I think! I wasn’t given anything either. But I do take gaviscon when I need to, and it helps.
Hiatus hernia would explain why the meds weren’t working wouldn’t it. Silly doctor.

I think smaller meals may help her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk