PDA

View Full Version : Very very bad anxiety right now

Panda22
28-06-19, 19:57
I'm travelling from Netherlands to Portugal today.. The travel was okay only at the beginning of the flight I felt quite a lot of anxiety. But when I landed at the airport I felt so much anxiety difficult not to panic.

Right now I'm in the car with my parents.. I'm having a really hard time adjusting. It feels like I'm not even here.. I feel weird and trying my best not to panic. :( Im scared at any time this might push me over the edge and I'll never be able to think normal again.. I don't want to go crazy and lose my mind

I've had this many times before but I can't explain how horrible the feeling is.. At home I always feel fine but new places are so bad I don't know how I can stay 10 days here feeling like this :( help please

lifeofbrian
28-06-19, 21:17
One of my biggest fears was that my anxiety would drive me over the edge, but I was always assured by mental health professionals that having anxiety and losing your mind are two different things, well over 10 years of this hell later I know that they were right. You will have bad spells, but I guarantee you will have good spells too. My advise short term is when you feel a panic coming on, go to the bathroom or bedroom, somewhere where you can be alone and feel free to act anxious, put you head in your hands, curl up in a ball for a few minutes, whatever works. There's not much that can be done to stop us feeling like this sometimes, it just takes time to ride it out. Maybe get on the chatroom here, that can help a lot.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy at least a little of your time down there.

Brian.:bighug1:

gregcool
29-06-19, 08:33
First of all,well done for even going on the plane and getting through that tricky part,,,i couldnt even do that, now i feel the feeling you are now getting is derealisation and depersonalization ,,its when we get ultra anxious and we feel detached from our surroundings and feel we are not there,even tho we know we are there, everywhere feels unfamiliar and kind of alien to us and that makes us feel very anxious,,you prob feel like most things are in 2D and not real, i get this a lot when im in areas i dont feel familiar or unsafe, this unusual feeling is horrible and WILL GO AWAY,,its just time you have to give,could be minutes could be hrs,it all depends on your mind,but it will go at some point, try to relax your mind and not focus on this feeling if you can and try to reassure yourself you are safe and you are just away from home for now,

Darksky
29-06-19, 15:05
There is no 'edge' with anxiety. No terrible place which we will fall into and never get out again. It will ride itself out.
As above, you have depersonalisation, you are there, but not there. It's just extreme anxiety and like all symptoms it will disappear. The more you ignore it and distract yourself the quicker it will go. Pay it too much attention and it will hang around. You said it yourself, you've had these feelings before. It always feels like the first time though doesn't it :unsure:

whats the weather like down there? Hope it's not too hot for you.

Panda22
01-07-19, 14:31
Thanks for the replies and supportive words..

I guess it's true that there's no edge as i've felt this many times before but somehow i fear that this is the beginning of a terrible mental illness..
Still have those unreal feelings come over me every now and then... i really don't like this feeling..
At home i rarely had anxiety anymore but here it's back as i'm out of my comfort zone i think..

I have 9 more days here at my parents home in Portugal, i want to try and enjoy it but the waves of anxiety make it difficult.. i just feel weird being here and i don't know why.

Anyone have advise on how to best deal with this now?? i don't want the DP/DR feeling to last even when i'm back home..

Panda22
06-07-19, 23:09
What is the best way to get over the unreal feeling when it comes on?

Panda22
08-07-19, 15:20
The anxiety keeps coming on in waves when I'm out of the house.. For example now at a shopping centre I feel the unreality feeling and fearful that I will lose my mind at any moment or lose control. Every few minutes a wave of panic hits me and I'm just trying to act normal and wait it out... But it's so uncomfortable

Tomorrow is my flight back home (alone) and I have no idea how I will make it :( this is horrible I don't know what to do

Fishmanpa
08-07-19, 16:16
Take a look at this (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?230708-Importance-of-self-care) and this (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?139368-Mindfulness-FREE-on-the-NHS!!!!!) and this...
(https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?139368-Mindfulness-FREE-on-the-NHS!!!!!)
(https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?139368-Mindfulness-FREE-on-the-NHS!!!!!)Positive thoughts

Rachael123
10-07-19, 19:45
Hi. How are you now? I'm in a state of horrible anxiety right now. Totally struggling to keep it together. Just wanted you to know that you're not alone, and there are people who know how u feel xx

Panda22
13-07-19, 19:38
@Rachel123 Thank you for checking on me. I'm sorry you're having bad anxiety now too :(

i made it back home after the holiday but the anxiety is still here.. for example today i went to the shopping centre and i felt so much anxiety i feared i would go crazy if i stayed any longer... so i went home and only felt better when i got home.. it's horrible i dont know what to do

@fishmampa im checking out the mindfulness links now