PDA

View Full Version : Am I having a heat stroke?!

nosrednanagem
29-06-19, 18:18
I was at my sons baseball game this morning. We are in a heat warning today, so I made sure to drink tons of water. I was sweating, then all of the sudden I quit sweating! It’s sent me into a panic attack, and now I think I need to go to the hospital!

BlueIris
29-06-19, 18:40
Nope, if you have heatstroke you'll know about it.

nosrednanagem
29-06-19, 18:48
Thanks! I’m just so worried that I quit sweating! From what I’ve read, heat strokes can sneak up on you a few hours later.

Dying_Swan
29-06-19, 19:29
Unlikely. I got close to it once and felt awful, and that wasn't even full blown heatstroke and no medical attention was needed in my case. Have a cool drink, a lukewarm (not cold) shower, and stay out of the sun for a bit. Heatstroke is a medical emergency and like BlueIris said, I'm pretty sure you'd know if you had it. Perhaps you stopped sweating because you cooled off, which is why we sweat in the first place. Of course, get checked if you're worried but from what I've read, I don't think you'd be up to posting here if you had heatstroke

BlueIris
29-06-19, 19:57
Exactly, yes; I got close to having heatstroke once and it was vile - shivering and intense nausea.

Fishmanpa
29-06-19, 20:06
You wouldn't be here posting about it I assure you.

Positive thoughts