PDA

View Full Version : Colonoscopy test in few weeks

Searchingforinfo
30-06-19, 16:52
Hi , my Gastrol Dr said for reassurance I should have a colonoscopy done. I'm a 43 yo Male with ibs. My symptoms are abdominal discomfort sometimes, diarrhea when I eat certain foods, and anxiety of course. I'm nervous about going under,and waking up hearing bad news.. uhggg..

Fishmanpa
30-06-19, 17:59
He's doing for your reassurance. If he didn't, you'd be worried they're overlooking something. Testing and reassurance is a catch 22 to the HA sufferer. And even with clear results the doubt creeps back in or you move onto another worry.

Positive thoughts

MrsEd
30-06-19, 18:19
I'm not sure if its different in the usa but here in the uk you arent put under, just given some sedation.

Fishmanpa
30-06-19, 18:36
I'm not sure if its different in the usa but here in the uk you arent put under, just given some sedation.

I was put under and given some really good drugs before that ;) The worst part of the whole thing is the prep.

Positive thoughts

Searchingforinfo
30-06-19, 18:46
He's doing for your reassurance. If he didn't, you'd be worried they're overlooking something. Testing and reassurance is a catch 22 to the HA sufferer. And even with clear results the doubt creeps back in or you move onto another worry.

Positive thoughts
I hear that.. yeah hopefully I can move on after this.. to another health problem..lol

Searchingforinfo
30-06-19, 18:48
I'm not sure if its different in the usa but here in the uk you arent put under, just given some sedation. Yeah they like for you to go out.. idk, I'll talk to them about my options. Lot of people in talk to here like going under..

Searchingforinfo
30-06-19, 18:49
I was put under and given some really good drugs before that ;) The worst part of the whole thing is the prep.

Positive thoughts
Yeah, I heard the prep is pretty $hitty 😬😬

Midnight-mouse
30-06-19, 20:05
Yeah, I heard the prep is pretty $hitty [emoji51][emoji51]

My mums just been through this, the prep wasn’t TOO bad, considering she has IBS it’s pretty normal stuff really. She wasn’t put under for it and only had to use a small amount of gas and air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Searchingforinfo
30-06-19, 20:13
My mums just been through this, the prep wasn’t TOO bad, considering she has IBS it’s pretty normal stuff really. She wasn’t put under for it and only had to use a small amount of gas and air.

Yeah I keep hearing you can do it without going under. I'm definitely going to check into that. 👍

Midnight-mouse
30-06-19, 20:17
Yeah I keep hearing you can do it without going under. I'm definitely going to check into that. [emoji106]

Best of luck with it! Honestly I would hedge my bets with it just being a case of IBS, but you’ll be able to know for sure soon enough. Be sure to let us know how it all works out!

Searchingforinfo
30-06-19, 20:40
Best of luck with it! Honestly I would hedge my bets with it just being a case of IBS, but you’ll be able to know for sure soon enough. Be sure to let us know how it all works out!

Thanks for the comments I appreciate it. Will definitely update after. It's on July 19th.

Searchingforinfo
30-06-19, 20:43
I do want to talk to him about doing it un sedated as well. Seems like its bearable from what I've been reading. That way I can drive myself home,and eat right after 👍

Midnight-mouse
01-07-19, 13:12
I do want to talk to him about doing it un sedated as well. Seems like its bearable from what I've been reading. That way I can drive myself home,and eat right after [emoji106]

That’s why my mum did it the way she did, much easier and it’s just uncomfortable with the gas they use more than anything.

Searchingforinfo
01-07-19, 14:54
That’s why my mum did it the way she did, much easier and it’s just uncomfortable with the gas they use more than anything.

Yeah, definitely going to ask about doing it without being sedated. Sounds bearable. Seems like alot of people are doing it without. Especially outside of USA.