PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Urination. Anxiety?

THoltz
30-06-19, 19:12
Hello All,

I am a 28 year old male and am in good health. Starting yesterday (and every now and then), I have incidences where I have to frequently urinate. Now when I go there is no pain and my urine looks urine (yello and clear). I am wondering if it is because I drink coffee and that will trigger it or is it me being anxious about something. I checked my blood pressure last night and it was 112/76.

I already have hypochondria so my mind naturally raced. Could it be diabetes? I do not think so as I run a lot and am very conscious of what I eat.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Fishmanpa
30-06-19, 19:22
Caffeine can and does increase urination. Simple as that.

Positive thoughts

THoltz
30-06-19, 19:31
Ok that is what I thought. I think I am making it worse by focusing and worrying about it.
I always do wonder if there is some underlying medical issue. I have my annual physical in a few weeks so I guess my fears will be alleviated then.

THoltz
10-07-19, 19:12
So the frequent urination has returned today. The funny thing is that there is no pain or any other negative symtpomi. I seem to be anxious as well and I had two cups of coffee this morning. I have my annual physical in a week so I will get an urine and blood test to rule anything out.
I don't think it is anything but I seem to keep needing reassurance on this.

Fishmanpa
10-07-19, 19:27
I seem to be anxious as well and I had two cups of coffee this morning.

:whistles:

Positive thoughts

THoltz
10-07-19, 20:00
:whistles:

Positive thoughts

I see what you are trying to say. haha

It is still annoying to have to go to the bathroom alot.

Yourboymj99
10-07-19, 20:12
What's up THoltz,

Back in February I started having the exact same issue. Some days wouldn't be so bad, while others seemed like I had a constant urge to urinate. The more I would focus on it, the worse it seemed and some days I spent every waking second thinking about it. It drove me crazy. I then ended up getting pneumonia and I stopped paying attention to it and it went away. Now, 3 months later after a night of very little sleep it suddenly returned. I didn't feel anxious at the time but I am now for sure and focusing on it constantly. No dought making it worse. I have no pain, burning or any other symptoms but I am alway looking for reassurance on this as well when I'd probably be best to just let it go.

Take care

ankietyjoe
11-07-19, 08:37
It's common with anxiety, caffeine or not.