PDA

View Full Version : After tips for dealing with health anxiety

Sunnydelight
02-07-19, 19:37
Had and ultrasound today as I’ve been having heavy prolonged bleeding . Mine was done by someone training up under supervision which i was perfectly happy with they all have to learn some how right? Anyway the supervisor asked me a couple of time about when I had my last cervical smear which was a year an half ago then there proceeded to picture of a specific area and with colour which I’m presuming is blood flow? Which automatically made me think the worst. They didn’t say anything there and the nurse appeared to be distracting me with conversation as I’m sure she could see I was worried . I’m not really looking for reassurance as I know that not one person from here saw my scan obviously so there is no point me asking but what I want to know what can I do to do to stop those fleeting thoughts coming in how do I deal with health anxiety ?

Fishmanpa
02-07-19, 19:55
There are a plethora of articles and information (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles) here. Take a look around. You may find something that will help.

Positive thoughts